Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust System

P

Potter

I have recently installed a 385 HP crate engine along with a rebuilt Turbo 400 Trans from ATI complete with 2500 stall. I am also putting in a set of 3:73 gears and having done all of this my biggest unmade decision thus far is what type of exhaust. I am pretty much sold on putting a 2 1/2 " stainless system on. My questions are (1) Who makes a good ready to bolt on and weld on system for a car equipped with headers?, and (2) Does a flowmaster 40 fit nicely in the muffler wells? One of my dislikes is the way the mufflers hang down on my 73.

The Flowmasters should fit nicely up into the wells on your Vette. They are totaly out of site on my 82.

Shaggy

Great thanks for the link. Do either of you have 2.5 or 3.0 " pipes ? Also would it be possible to get someone to send me a digital picture of what the flowmasters look like installed. (hgrairserv@aol.com)And last but not least do you have the part number for the flowmasters you installed?

Here are my Flowmaster 50s on my 72 with 2 1/2 system. The 2 1/2 system will feed up to about 500HP
rear2.jpg

I Live in Australia and had Mike Allen from Allens Exhausts make a stainless Steel Exhaust for my 63, he also gave a 15% discount because it was a complete system order.

Great to deal with very helpfull.

Regards
10potab.jpg

Thanks for the picture and advice. I have a call into Mike Allen and we are playing phone tag. Great view by the way. Nothing sweeter than the back end of a Vette !! I will follow up with how the system goes on and sounds as the "Money Pit" is nearing completion !!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom