Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust Systems

V

VetpEtte

Hey everyone.. Has anyone heard or seen the B & B Tri-flow Catback Exhaust System on a C4? I was thinking about getting it for my 91? I want a nice deep sounding exhaust with low rumble. Something that wont wake up all the neighrbors when coming home late at night. Right now my engine noise overpowers my exhaust sound.. If anyone knows a good exhaust for what I'm looking for, please reply.. thanks

I am happy with the TPIS total system on my 406'ed '84. The Flowmasters could be a bit quieter, as quiet as the former Flows were. These mayt be two chamber vs 3 on the old ones.

If I'd do anything differently, it'd be to ceramic coat the headers and Y pipe, to reduce underhood heat and maximize the headers.

I wrapped the TRACO headers I used on the stock motor with good results, but the wrap was clumsy and reduced plug and header bolt access. The wrap's thermal efficiency increase was felt in my shorts and did NOT wreck the headers underneath, as some said they would.

I found no seat difference with and w/o the cat, by the way, as long as it's not clogged.

I just heard the SS Corsas on jstcrusin's '91. Very nice; not too loud, but deep and mellow.

exhaust

Hey, my last post was deleted somehow. I was wondering if anyone knew about the B & B triflow catback exhaust system. I want an exhaust with a nice deep sound. Right now my engine noise overpowers the exhaust. Are there any exhaust systems that resemble what I am looking for?

it depends on what you are looking for... deep is easy to get, but do you want it smooth, or are you ok with an exhaust note that is a bit more rough? Also, how much are you willing to spend? The B&B system is pretty expensive.

I had a '87 (and my Dad had an '87 and a '91) with the Monza exhaust found in Mid America. Cheap price, and we liked the sound.... much louder, grumbly, sounds like a mean 350.
-Another way to go is to put in straight pipe instead of the mufflers... this can be done at just about any local exhaust shop for very cheap (cost me $80 on my car, had it done to my '93 as well)

-For the high cost exhaust systems, I haven't heard anyone complain about B&B or Borla... check ebay, I have seen alot of Tri-Flo sets on there recently.

-A suggestion, if you are willing to spend the money on an expensive system, you may want to try to put in straight pipe... try it out for a month or two, if you like it, great, you only spent 100 bucks, if you don't, you are only out 100 and you can spend the mega bucks on the expensive exhaust system

also went with the low buck monza mufflers,,,well there more like 4 small glass packs,,,it sounds good & really cleaned up the rear end of the 85,no more bulky looking stock mufflers!!!went thru NJ inspection 2

I just spent the big bucks on the borla system from the cat back. They look and sound great. They have a deep sound, but are not over-powering. The only complaint is the two hours it took fooling around with the mufflers to get them centered evenly.

I myself have a FlowMaster catback system, but I have heard the TriFlo SS system. I heard it on a 94' ZR-1 about a year ago. I've never heard something as beautiful and scary before in my life.

Keep in mind the ZR1 sounds different though... The way the engine is built seems to give the ZR1 an entirely different sound/note than a standard 350.....

Also, WhalePirot, I assume you are selling the KBD's? for what year car? how much $$

I recently changed the complete system to 2 1/2 stainless with new front y-pipe, new converter and borla catback. Got the 3" round outputs...wanted the square one but ecklers did not have them in stock. Just as well cause it looks great with 4 3" chrome tips out the back. Sounds great...not too loud, less resonance and music to my ears at WOT....

Wow, it really amazes me at all the different exhaust combo's and setups that everyone has. Everyone has their own opinion, likes and dislikes. What's greatest is that no one has slammed anyone elses tastes and that's what makes this site so professional.

Here's one from me to EVERYONE :w

Exhaust is one of those things that is very variable... It is like the color of your Vette... Some don't like my exhaust, some don't like my silver/torch red combo... What matters is that I am happy with it, and the other vette owners are happy with their vettes!

BTW, it took me quite a while to find that silver/red/LT4 car... it is not easy trying to find a corvette that isn't red, white, or black! It sure seemed like 'all corvettes are red' for a very long time!

VetpEtte said:
Hey everyone.. Has anyone heard or seen the B & B Tri-flow Catback Exhaust System on a C4?

Everyday
BB_Tips2.jpg

I've had the 3" system on my 94 since last year, I love it. Sounds & looks great. You will get some resonance with this system, I have an automatic and it gets pretty noisy in the car around 1500-1600 rpms.
If you're looking for a great rumble B&B is the way to go.

vettn94,

Your ride looks sweet!:upthumbs

Moving from the C4 Tech forum to the C4 Mods forum...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom