Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Exhaust

L

lamny

I have a 99 frc and looking for a good exhaust that is deep sounding. something that will give my frc a little kick in the ass, any sugestions???? i heard some online but they all sounded very high picthed and I would like a deep sound.. thanks ;help ;help ;help loud is ok as long as it's deep

I would like to install Borla Stingers. Some of the local autocross crowd have them on their Z06's and i really like the sound.

thanks ,,,they realy sound nice... on my harley heritage springer I had FOUR sets of pipes and guess what pipes i always left on the bike...yes the loudest ones even though they sucked the low end torque out of my bike.. i would like to pick up some low to midrange torque from a new exhaust do you know how the bullets stand up ... thanks

We have at least 5 sets of B& B Bullets in our group...All C5's ,some with major engine builds, some stock (C5&ZO6)...I think they are what you are looking for...You will hear them inside(they will drone with top up or on)...but it is a nice sound..........unbelieveably loud at WOT..........:)

I forgot to say that I had stingers on before the bullets....I like the Bullets better.

FlowMasters will give you the deep throaty sound you're looking for at a lower price than most..... I haven't priced them lately but I'd guess IF you shopped the internet you could get a set of FlowMaster mufflers for between $600 -$700.

I've had FlowMasters on my 1999 A4 coupe for the past 4+ years, and I like the sound better than the Ti setup on my 2003 six-speed coupe..

Good Luck....

UPDATED INFO:
I thought I'd dumped the website (autopartswarehouse.com) but I didn't.
I just checked pricing on the FlowMasters I have on my 99 coupe and the cost is $228.95 per muffler and the shipping is FREE! Not too bad.

FlowMasters makes two different mufflers for the C5, the only difference being the shape of the chrome tips. The units are the "80 Series Cross Flow" mufflers and the part numbers are 525801 L&R or 525802 L&R.

The chrome tips on the 525801 are "oval" shaped; the 525802 are "D" shaped.

Good Luck....

I would like to install Borla Stingers. Some of the local autocross crowd have them on their Z06's and i really like the sound.

I had them on my 2000 coupe too much cabin noise..so the wife said..but I liked the sound outside...my 2004 coupe is still stock

You know, looking at this post got me thinking about when I had the Flowmasters added to my car. BTW I love em, nice mellow idle, pretty quiet cruise, and nice loud note on wot.
Anyway, I saw the price quoted for Flowmasters in the post above and had one of those "uh oh" moments. I know I paid a lot more when I had them installed.
I checked the Flowmaster site and saw that they had two types for the C5 (silver ones at $200something and black ones at $400something). I had the black ones installed on my car last year.
At the same visit I also had a Blackwing installed and an oil change. I pulled the receipt and found the bill came to $2300 :-O.
Try as I may, I cant seem to reconcile how the floook it came to that much. Allowing eight or nine hundred for the mufflers, three hundred for the blackwing and a hundred for the oil change (yes I know, those may be high estimates, but.....thats the point :) ), that leaves a whole lotta room till you get to where you have to squint to bearly see $2300.
Now I'm no mechanic, but I'm pretty sure you could put a blackwing in backwards, ...twice, in an hour and still have time to put it in the right way; and even allowing two hours for the exhaust work (which seems more than reasonable to me, pretty sure they are bolt in replacements and I dont think anything forward of the rear end was touched) that would be.........lets see........$233 / hr labor (dagnabbit!). (I dont think a pitstop at the Indianapolis 500 cost that much).
As to why I paid it, well.....lets just say I was new to the "vette" thing and a little paranoid about taking the car anywhere other than the place I bought it (specialty vette dealer) to have work done. What can I say? I'm older and wiser now (well...not sure about the wiser part....but I have found an excellent mechanic since then, so Im good to go for the present and any future work I may need).
I just wanted a reality check, am I missing something (special U clamps made of priceless unobtainium?)? or is the picture as bleek (s/p?) as it appears to me?

BORLA STINGERS on my 2002.
Sound good to me.
:beer
Len

Are the Stingers really that different than stock? I dont want a Pacecar system but i want something that will definately growl more than the stock.

I hope i dont end up spending a stack on something that is only slightly louder.

You should probably find corvette owners with each of the exhaust
systems mentioned and listen to each and then make your decision.
Len

quote=Vettepirate;798422]Are the Stingers really that different than stock? I dont want a Pacecar system but i want something that will definately growl more than the stock.

I hope i dont end up spending a stack on something that is only slightly louder.[/quote]

Yah.....that was an "uh oh" moment.
Still wondering if anyone can make sense of that bill? I'm guessing it could have been about four hundred less.
Anyone?
Flowmasters installed, Blackwing installed and an oil change...$2300?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom