Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Expensive oil change!

Good mechanics are hard to come by. That's just the way it is with everything. Add to the fact that they're probably kept secret by their customers because they only have so much time to do something.

I used to be in the boat where I didn't do any work to my own cars. I was always afraid of something going wrong with the car and not being able to afford the repair bill. I have those fears no more because I decided that I was going to do my own work.

I think the C5 cars aren't at the point of needing many repairs but some of C4's and before need repairs. The cars aren't shoddy quality, it's the age catching up with the cars.

Edmond said:
Good mechanics are hard to come by. That's just the way it is with everything. Add to the fact that they're probably kept secret by their customers because they only have so much time to do something.

I used to be in the boat where I didn't do any work to my own cars. I was always afraid of something going wrong with the car and not being able to afford the repair bill. I have those fears no more because I decided that I was going to do my own work.

I think the C5 cars aren't at the point of needing many repairs but some of C4's and before need repairs. The cars aren't shoddy quality, it's the age catching up with the cars.

Very well said....:w

Well, to put an end to this spittin' contest, the dealer's body shop did an excellent job of repairing the damage to my coupe. I'm probably older than most of you and would bet I have owned more cars than the average three people combined. I have always changed oil at 2500-3000 miles or 3 months. I have never experienced any type of engine problems related to oil in my 45 years of driving! Oil changes are not an inconvenience; they are the best insurance you can buy.

Larry
2004 Coupe
500+HP 383 El Camino

Larry's Yellow Rdstr said:
I have always changed oil at 2500-3000 miles or 3 months. I have never experienced any type of engine problems related to oil in my 45 years of driving! Oil changes are not an inconvenience; they are the best insurance you can buy.

Well said! :upthumbs

I do all of the repair work I can on all of my vehicles, I have a mechanic I take it too but only for things I can't figure out. I buy or make the tools I need, yea I spend allot in tools and books but it makes repairs allot easier. I think it is better as I know my vehicles inside and out.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom