Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Export turn signal indicators

C

cooky

Does anyone have any idea where I might find a pair of these export indicators. It's a bit difficult to find them here in the UK although it has been suggested they migh be a front marker light of another GM car.

44_27.JPG

Any help appreciated

Cooky

Those look slick, but I bet if you looked around the "hot rod" catalogs you could find a clean amber system that might work... might even be able yo use a clean LED light froma motorcycle too. Justa couple ideas.

Was this car an export car or was it purchased in the US and later shipped to the UK? The GM export rear lamps had the amber turn signal lamp incorporated into the lower portion of the tail lamp assembly and not a separate lamp housing.

Does the RPO sticker under the console lid show RPO CU9 (Delivery UK), or RPO EXP (export vehicle)??

The C4 convertible 3rd brake light was about that size, but it did not have the surround that's shown in the pic. There is also some lettering and something like a logo to the left center (highlighted by wax or polish??). That would not appear on the GM 3rd brake light. The only lettering theGM lens had was along the bottom of the lens and centered.

It is definetly an export option. It's not fitted to my car at present but it's what I'm looking for. I've been told it was fitted to export models to Japan and Australia as well as Europe and have been sent a pic from a GM catalog.
From the part numbers listed it would show that the bezel (10213702) is from a vette convertable third brake light but I dont know where the actual lamp (5976712) comes from.
export_rear_lighting.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom