Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Extended Warranty Question

kingman

Corvette
2002 Torch Red Coupe
Hi

While l have searched through old post l found a lot of info but l have a question that l couldn't find an answer.

I am picking up a 2002 that has a GMPP ext warranty thru 4/07. The vette has 11,000 miles.
Is it possible to get the GMPP extended ?

Alan

Very good question! I don't believe I've ever seen any posts that addressed that. It seems reasonable that they would... let us know what you find out.
Perhaps contact a GM dealer or Fitchner. They're very good at responding to emails.

Tammy

HERE'S YOU SIGN :)

You must extend your extended warranty 3 months AND 3,000 miles before expiration of your GMPP that you have now. Their are no exceptions to this rule guys, I have had customers call me 2-3 days over this exception and then they call GMPP and the answer every time is SORRY. I am posting this as a reminder so if you are in the 4-5 month range you need to act now so you do not go over. The way this all works is I cancel your existing plan and you get a pro-rated refund for that and then 24 hours later I apply for the new extension. You are without a GMPP for 24 hours so you want to do this and not drive your car for a couple of days just in case. Questions you can email me at gmpp@fichtnerchevrolet.com or you can call me at 406-628-4618, ext 105 or just email me your VIN and current miles and I can tell you if you can or can't extend.

TAKEN FROM A POST ON ANOTHER FORUM.

best of luck, j.jam

Thanks for the tip !

Hi Jimmie

I will be picking up the 2002 vette within two weeks weather allowing.

It currently has less then 12,000 miles and has a GMPP until 14/07 with a zero deductible.

I would want the longest term with the minimum miles.

Thanks

Alan

p.s. The car is perfect but as we all know things happen when we least expect it. This is my Sunday car. But when l relocate to Fla, it's vert time.
I have a coupe because my dog travels with me and sometimes my wife.

oh yea.

kingman,

you are welcome! ken is a very good man. he WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS for your business and is one of the most personable/honest guys i've done business with. i've bought two GMPP's from him. i have NEVER noted ANYONE say ANYTHING bad about him or the family business they run. BTW, i'm in fort lauderdale enjoying my vert ALL year!!!! :)

all the best,

j.jam

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom