Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Exterior finish care products

Flyboy

Corvette
2014 cyber gray metallic Stingray
My dealer furnished an EVR2 Vehicle Protection Kit with my new C7 and advised me that they had applied the dealer protection treatment from EVR2. And, not to wax or polish the car with standard waxes or polishes, but to use the EVR2 products. I am not familiar with this product and have always used waxes or polishes on my cars. I use Fleetwax carnuba wax on my 2006 Chevy truck, and a polish for my 2012 Mini JCW as it is a water-based paint. I have not been able to find any information about what type of paint GM uses on the new Corvettes (or their other vehicles for that matter). I used a heat gun to remove the dealership bumper decal from the Corvette and some Dawn dishwashing liquid mixed with water for removing the balance of the residue. After completing this operation I used a microfiber towel to rub over the area to see if the procedure had removed any sealant/wax or whatever. I noticed the towel did not move as freely over the area where I removed the decal so I sprayed some of the EVR2 paint enhancer on the area and dried it with a microfiber towel. After that I ran another microfiber towel over the same area and it was uniformly smooth with no drag on the towel. Has anyone else had any experience with this product and if you are using another polish/wax what are you using? And, what type of paint does GM use on the Corvette?

My dealer furnished an EVR2 Vehicle Protection Kit with my new C7 and advised me that they had applied the dealer protection treatment from EVR2. And, not to wax or polish the car with standard waxes or polishes, but to use the EVR2 products. I am not familiar with this product and have always used waxes or polishes on my cars. I use Fleetwax carnuba wax on my 2006 Chevy truck, and a polish for my 2012 Mini JCW as it is a water-based paint. I have not been able to find any information about what type of paint GM uses on the new Corvettes (or their other vehicles for that matter). I used a heat gun to remove the dealership bumper decal from the Corvette and some Dawn dishwashing liquid mixed with water for removing the balance of the residue. After completing this operation I used a microfiber towel to rub over the area to see if the procedure had removed any sealant/wax or whatever. I noticed the towel did not move as freely over the area where I removed the decal so I sprayed some of the EVR2 paint enhancer on the area and dried it with a microfiber towel. After that I ran another microfiber towel over the same area and it was uniformly smooth with no drag on the towel. Has anyone else had any experience with this product and if you are using another polish/wax what are you using? And, what type of paint does GM use on the Corvette?

I am pretty sure that your paint or color coat is water based, but the top or clear coat (which is actually what you are polishing or waxing, not the base or color coat). Maybe someone else will know what the clear coat is based on. Enjoy your new ride. :)

Still hoping to get some advice about my question

Anyone?

I won't be able to help very much here. What I've been taught about vehicle wax, is that dish soap (dawn etc) is used to strip wax and sealants off before applying 'this years coat'.

Dish soap gets everything off your car and back down to the clear coat. Then you can clay, do any paint correction, polish, wax, then seal.

When I worked at the GM store here in Norfolk, we sold a 'Simoniz' paint protection product. My opinion is their all probably really similar, just my opinion of course. It's all about the marketing. The truth about them?? The truth is what they can get you to believe

There's also MING and Zeibart

Junkman2000 is really good with paint/finish related topics, and I mean REALLY good. :thumb

Here is a link for that 'protection plan':

EVR2: http://www.pdsadm.com/products/premier-protection-products/premier-defense-evr2.aspx

Zeibart: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ks6zXbcbZw

Good luck!

Last edited:

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom