Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Extremely new

chrger66

Corvette
1967 Yellow Coupe
Hi ya'll. A 1967 'Vette has come into my possesion. I've decoded the VIN but except in a general sense it's not much help in telling me exactly what I have here. It was a frame off resto by a guy named Dick Guldstrand. This was documented by a 5 month spread in Super Chevy Magazine Jan -91 thru May - '91. Original (?) 427 was shot so he stuffed a very reworked LS-7 454 into it. This thing is scary fast. How would I know what it was originally? You know, big block, small block, etc. Maybe what it's worth?;help

Welcome to the CAC.

I don't have any idea what that car is worth, but I have met Dick a couple of times. He is a very nice man and a major part of Corvette racing history.

Welcome to the :CAC !!!

A Midyear restored by Dick Guldstrand? :cool

Cool! I'm sure some of our more midyear familiar members will check in soon.

Enjoy the beast and the forums!
:wJane Ann

welcome to CAC!!!!:welcome
enjoy!!!

Welcome aboard!

Nice car. I'm sure you'll get the answers you seek here somewhere.

Enjoy!

:Steer

Welcome to the CAC Chrger66. :w
If you go to the C-2 forum section, I'm sure someone there will be able to help you with getting answers to your questions.
You have a very nice looking yellow 67.

Hi ya'll. A 1967 'Vette has come into my possesion. I've decoded the VIN but except in a general sense it's not much help in telling me exactly what I have here. It was a frame off resto by a guy named Dick Guldstrand. This was documented by a 5 month spread in Super Chevy Magazine Jan -91 thru May - '91. Original (?) 427 was shot so he stuffed a very reworked LS-7 454 into it. This thing is scary fast. How would I know what it was originally? You know, big block, small block, etc. Maybe what it's worth?;help

Welcome we're glad you joined us. . . . . . . . . :beer

Choice 67 for sure and appears to be pretty rare even one of a kind; that 454 should pick them up and put them down in a hurry that's for sure. Is that the 450HP, I had one in a 70 Chevelle and it was the fastest factory car I ever owned to date!!! Yellow had to be made for Corvette everything else looks like a taxi cab ;LOL

Bill :w

Welcome we're glad you joined us. . . . . . . . . :beer

Choice 67 for sure and appears to be pretty rare even one of a kind; that 454 should pick them up and put them down in a hurry that's for sure. Is that the 450HP, I had one in a 70 Chevelle and it was the fastest factory car I ever owned to date!!! Yellow had to be made for Corvette everything else looks like a taxi cab ;LOL

My understanding is the 454 puts out over 500HP to the rear wheels. It was really massaged. Solid lifters I think, cam, the whole works. I just adjusted the valves last week. Wonder what this thing is worth?:D

Hard to tell based on the sketchy information. My guess is it is worth considerably more thjan $60,000. I'm sure you can find a professional appraiser in your area. Another suggestion is to have it professionally detailed (if necessary) by someone who does collector cars. Next, take it to a collector car auction... Mecum is one example.

Hard to tell based on the sketchy information. My guess is it is worth considerably more thjan $60,000. I'm sure you can find a professional appraiser in your area. Another suggestion is to have it professionally detailed (if necessary) by someone who does collector cars. Next, take it to a collector car auction... Mecum is one example.

Thanks, I'll give it a go. I really appreciate anything anyone offers up to help me here.
:BOW

What an awesome Vette! :upthumbs

Welcome to CAC! You will find out whatever you need to know here!

SAVE THE :w

First off welcome to CAC! That's quite a nice 67 you have there. Not having the original engine drops the value somewhat, but having Dick restore it brings something to the mix. I'd agree about getting an appraisal done, then you'll know for sure, and then get it insured for the proper amount.

My understanding is the 454 puts out over 500HP to the rear wheels. It was really massaged. Solid lifters I think, cam, the whole works. I just adjusted the valves last week. Wonder what this thing is worth?:D

You might be pretty close on the HP; the low end torque of the Chevy Big Block is also a force to be reckened with. I had a 454/450HP in a 70 Chevelle; bar none the fastest :lou factor car I ever owned. Your 67 is pretty rare, not sure what something like that would be worth; partially no doubt depends on how bad someone would want it. but if it's all original she should be worth a pretty penny!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom