Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

LT4 F/S 1996 LT4 Collector Edition

1996 LT4 Topic

NewGuy

Corvette
1996 LT4 Collectors Edition
112k miles, Z51 suspension.

Too much to list: New carpet, great orig seats, new interior trim, new NOS ZF Trans, rebuilt rear with 4.11 Dana gears, New Goodyear F1’s, C4 undercarriage cross brace, new GM dual mass flywheel, new clutch, rims trued, balanced and recoated, new bearings, short throw shifter, underbody heat shield, undercarpet sound barrier, bilstiens, bearings, brakes, poly bushings, Doug Rippy Clutch Master, new clutch slave, new steering rack, etc. Orig Paint with only touch ups over the years by professionals.

This has been my toy for 4 years. It is tight, no rattles, no shakes, drives better than my old C5! Fast and Fun. Whenever I heard a noise it was in the shop with no expense spared to keep better than new. Everything works! Never raced, never hit. It has been my weekend driver.

You can find lower mileage LT4’s but none that will drive better.

Finally got a red 64 Coupe. No room in the garage for both. Wife will not park her car in the driveway so, had to choose (took awhile but this is California with community property so she stays)

I have over $45k invested. Would like to see $23,500

More about my 96 CE LT4 and pictures

Here is the link to the Auto Trader ad

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...TAFSRCHUSDTEXT

Little more about this car: Over the time I have owned this LT4, replaced most every part even if it was not necessary at the time. This includes Opti-Spark, waterpump, radiator, shocks, weatherstriping, computer is tuned, skip shift disabled, adjusted for the 4.11 rear ratio, even had every bulb in the radio replaced. The interior plastic is all new.

This car is priced higher than other LT4's but, if you have a corvette already, you know that money will be spent to do this type of of restoring and refurbishing. I am a bit anal so went overboard with this car. Even to the transmission: The original was OK but sooner or later it would need to be serviced. So, when I found a new-old-stock ZF identical repalcement, just went ahead and did the swap. Silly maybe, expensive, yes but that is why we have Corvettes - right?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom