Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

F/S Complete Early 63 Roadster Rolling Frame

R

rick63vette

Car was running when I started doing a straight restoration in January 2009. After pulling the body, I decided to go restomod with a tubular frame, LS3, etc. So, I’m selling a complete early 63 (VIN sequence 3856) rolling frame. It includes the following:

Frame – it’s in good shape with no rust at the kickups or body mounts. At some point in its life it was hit and there is a repair to the front right frame horn (not sure if that’s the correct name). Not the best cosmetically, but structurally sound. Front end was aligned to specs less the 400 miles ago with no problems.

Engine – The engine is from a 1967 Camaro. The identifying number on the block is V0327ME C 7 which says it’s a 327 with 210 HP. Engine ran pretty well, but there was some valve noise (clicking) that I had planned to address during the restoration.

Transmission – 4 speed with the number 3925660 stamped on the main case and the number 3857584G stamped on the tail section just below the speedometer cable. I haven’t been able to find any information on these numbers so I really can’t say exactly what the transmission is from. I doubt that it’s original.

SOLD

Rear End – appears to be original 3.36:1 positraction. The number on the case is CB 12 11 62.

Wheels and Tires – New Corvette America direct bolt knock offs with Dunlop SP60 whitewall tires (205/75R15). There is less than 400 miles on the wheels and tires.

Steering box – professionally rebuilt with less that 400 miles on it.

Other stuff – Includes gas tank (good shape but does not appear to be original), parking brake cables (front and rear), radiator (not original), fan shroud, complete exhaust, etc. Basically, it includes everything that was on the chassis when I pulled the body.

Asking $4K – buyer is responsible for local pickup or shipping. If interested, contact me at rickmay@erols.com.

Car was running when I started doing a straight restoration in January 2009. After pulling the body, I decided to go restomod with a tubular frame, LS3, etc. So, I’m selling a complete early 63 (VIN sequence 3856) rolling frame. It includes the following:

Frame – it’s in good shape with no rust at the kickups or body mounts. At some point in its life it was hit and there is a repair to the front right frame horn (not sure if that’s the correct name). Not the best cosmetically, but structurally sound. Front end was aligned to specs less the 400 miles ago with no problems.

Engine – The engine is from a 1967 Camaro. The identifying number on the block is V0327ME C 7 which says it’s a 327 with 210 HP. Engine ran pretty well, but there was some valve noise (clicking) that I had planned to address during the restoration.

Transmission – 4 speed with the number 3925660 stamped on the main case and the number 3857584G stamped on the tail section just below the speedometer cable. I haven’t been able to find any information on these numbers so I really can’t say exactly what the transmission is from. I doubt that it’s original.

SOLD

Rear End – appears to be original 3.36:1 positraction. The number on the case is CB 12 11 62.

Wheels and Tires – New Corvette America direct bolt knock offs with Dunlop SP60 whitewall tires (205/75R15). There is less than 400 miles on the wheels and tires.

Steering box – professionally rebuilt with less that 400 miles on it.

Other stuff – Includes gas tank (good shape but does not appear to be original), parking brake cables (front and rear), radiator (not original), fan shroud, complete exhaust, etc. Basically, it includes everything that was on the chassis when I pulled the body.

Asking $4K – buyer is responsible for local pickup or shipping. If interested, contact me at rickmay@erols.com.

Do you have any parts left including the frame???

:w smitts

I don't know if you noticed the date of the post in this thread, but it is over 3 years old. I bring this to your attention, as you may or may not get a response from the original thread starter ;)

rick93vette: Last Activity ~ 01-22-10 ~ 03:25 PM

Bud
Forums Administrator

:w smitts

I don't know if you noticed the date of the post in this thread, but it is over 3 years old. I bring this to your attention, as you may or may not get a response from the original thread starter ;)

rick93vette: Last Activity ~ 01-22-10 ~ 03:25 PM

Bud
Forums Administrator

Thanks, I did see that, however I thought he may have some parts left.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom