Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Factory Cassette Deck Repair???

Corvette
Sold my '89 Triple Black Convertible - 3/08
Does anyone out there know of a reputable company that can repair a defective factory cassette player in my '89 roadster? (The radio works fine, it's only the tape deck that's not working.)

Thanks for any help you can give!

-J.

I sent mine over to Ecklers for $169. with one year warrantee. I assume it's the infamous Bose:eyerole Took about 4 weeks to turn it around.
Carlo

www.ecklers.com

Thanks, Carlo. I'll check them out. (Although I really wish I would have gotten that done before this nice weather hit!!!)

If anyone else has some other suggestions, feel free to throw 'em my way. I'll check out every possible angle and then pick one.

-J.

Personally speaking here.

I never liked the Delco stereos. Even "Bose" equipped decks seem to go out WAY more than aftermarket decks and the repairs are costly, slow and usually solve the problem for a short time (at least with the tape decks, perhaps the CD decks are more reliable) Everyone that I know that has had the Delco decks has had several problems with them and usually change them out before too long.

I would suggest upgrading the deck altogether. I wanted to keep my car as OE as possible but I cant stand the OEM stereo. A double-DIN deck can give you excellent CD sound and a fraction of the malfunctions. Less money down the road I think. I just wish that they matched the interior better. It seems like some decks are just getting uglier and uglier.

Thats just me though, I got a little compulsive and re-did the whole thing. Over $1100 later *ouch* (mind you it could have been a lot more. I have become quite the haggler;))

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom