Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Factory Tires???????

Ricochett

Corvette
1969 Corvette convertible
I am trying to return my vette back the original specs!! did they come with
Firestone tires or Goodyear tires???? i know they where the bias type tire
mine was the white wall kind i just want to make sure i order the right one
or Brand Firestone or Goodyear?????? can someone help???Thanxs

Check with the NCRS...
I checked the specs page and didn't see any thing there...

I am trying to return my vette back the original specs!! did they come with
Firestone tires or Goodyear tires???? i know they where the bias type tire
mine was the white wall kind i just want to make sure i order the right one
or Brand Firestone or Goodyear?????? can someone help???Thanxs

In addition to Firestone and Goodyear, '69s also came with Uniroyal tires. Given the high price and lousy ride of repro bias ply tires- are you SURE you want to switch? The Firestone problem were with the early radials which only came out on '73s.

Factory Tires

In addition to Firestone and Goodyear, '69s also came with Uniroyal tires. Given the high price and lousy ride of repro bias ply tires- are you SURE you want to switch? The Firestone problem were with the early radials which only came out on '73s.

Thanxs Mikey:ugh
For your reply Im leaning on going with the Goodyear F-70/15 bias ply tires
Never even rode in a car that im aware of anyway lol.... so im not sure how
the ride is? are they noisy? and the rubber real hard tire that give it a rougher ride?
i just wanted to try to keep it to the original specs so one day i can put it in a show :thumb

Bias ply tires will make you wonder if something's broken in the suspension as the car squirms and wanders all over the place. See if you can get a ride in a car with them before you decide.

Best of both worlds would be have your show wheels and tires and the other ones that you use for everyday driving that would include radial tires.......easy peasy....:thumb

Factory Tires

Bias ply tires will make you wonder if something's broken in the suspension as the car squirms and wanders all over the place. See if you can get a ride in a car with them before you decide.

Thanxs Mike i wish i could find someone that had a car with those tires! to help make my mind up!:confused

Best of both worlds would be have your show wheels and tires and the other ones that you use for everyday driving that would include radial tires.......easy peasy....:thumb

Huskerman

Yeah that would be nice to have another set! but that would be a lot of money for 4 rims & Trim and tires Maybe Santa Clause could help me! lol....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom