Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Faded instrument cluster

FrankM said:

how can all those clusters on ebay have such low mileage.:confused

Frank,
If you end up taking one apart its SCARY.......the odometer stepper motor is connected by a lousy little plug....EASILY disconnected........and ZERO mileage will register for how long it is disconnected....the odometer is supposedly tamperproof to show wider "lines" but I'd suspect people just buy a new one or roll it up and back to zero instead......hate to think how many innocent people are buying Vettes getting ripped off!!!!

I'd NEVER trust anyone's mileage after learning this......someone could even intermittantly hook it up so it registers some mileage to fool their State DOT so the title is "clean"....VERY SCARY...caveat emptor!

fixed that sucker

I decided to take the advice of vigman by putting in a jumper and low and behold the crazy thing works just like its supposed to. Thanks alot Vigman. :booty

As far as the mileage thing goes I dont know if the ECM records mileage or not but even if it does very seldom would anyone acually access that data. It does say in the manual for the display that I got that if you choose to get a new display that the dealer is supposed to transfer the odometer to the new display.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom