Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fair price for 1989 and any problems?

P

puppyfang

Just want opinions on a 1989 that I just purchased as to the price...I purchased this coupe this weekend for 13k, it is a nicely equipped one and only has 19k miles...will need tires as the only thing and some TLC...everything works and it is all stock, the tires are starting to dry rot from non use...any opinions and suggestions or known problems with this year...thanks

6 speed or automatic?

Check the weather stripping, if the tires are dry rot there's a chance the ws is going as well. Check the car for leaks, not only from weather stripping but also seals. Underuse could cause the seals to dry out.

weather strips looked good so did the belts...but will replace the belts and all fluids...tires maybe useable but the car is for my wife and she does expressway so found a nice set of cooper zions, rated ata w speed for a good price...install on thur, understand that there is some kind of vent in the back area that can get cloged and the leak water inside? its an auto...leather, bose, elect air, oil cooler, heavy duty rad.,boost fan, perf rear axle and some other goodies...in charcoal metallic with grey interior...

There is no vent in the back area. Water will accumulate in the corners of the rear hatch area. Some owners have installed a vent tube which requires drilling into the body. This might get clogged. If the weatherstripping is good in this area you won't get water inside.

weather strips looked good so did the belts...but will replace the belts and all fluids...tires maybe useable but the car is for my wife and she does expressway so found a nice set of cooper zions, rated ata w speed for a good price...install on thur, understand that there is some kind of vent in the back area that can get cloged and the leak water inside? its an auto...leather, bose, elect air, oil cooler, heavy duty rad.,boost fan, perf rear axle and some other goodies...in charcoal metallic with grey interior...

Hi puppyfang,
Is the color charcoal or charcoal metallic? Just curious, I have a friend with an 89' charcoal metallic with grey interior. Let me know. TIA.

charcoal metallic with grey interior....like your friends

charcoal metallic with grey interior....like your friends

Congrats on your purchase, charcoal metallic with grey interior sounds real nice, you’ll have to post some pics of your ’89 for us!

B17Crew
:w

Hi puppyfang!

89's Rock! Nice year you have there (I'm just a tad biased).

Mine's got about 50K and still runs great. Original belts but a new set of tires 20K ago, but from an earlier owner. Mine has automatic and the 2:56 rear gears. It's a little slow from the dig, but from 20 to 100 it pulls very hard. Basically all stock except for a chip, thats it.

Enjoy yours!

Regards,
Radar :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom