Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary fake 40th anniversarys

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic
Great post Jane Ann!

My 1978 had 25th Anny emblems- although it was not a Silver Anny car.

Seems like badging all cars in an anniversary year is about the norm based on history.

1978, 1988, 1993, 2003 and the list will go on...
I have an '88 which happens to be white. By no means is it a 35th anniversary edition...it just happens to be a 1988.....to me there IS a difference and as long as someone doesn't try to pass it off as such...well to each his own. If you check out e-bay there are people who call their cars anniversary models when in fact they really aren't.

Because some are not well versed in the history and details doesn't make them an idiot... just un-educated. And that's what sites like this are for... education, enlightenment, community. ;)

:wJane Ann

I came accros an early C4 that sat along side of the road all summer with a for sale sign on it. You have all seen the picture before, car sits so long that when the person mows, they dont move the car everytime and grass grows around the car.

Anyways, not needing another car I never stopped until August. When I did, they owner of the house was not home but I looked at the car and the faded sign said it was an 84 with 77K miles and the price was $16800. I thought it was an error and the 1 was suppose to be a line through the $ sign. I called the cell number to ask and the guy said "$16800 and the car is an 84 and was a Silver Anniv. edition and was a limited production car"

It was not his car but he was helping out a widow by parking the car in his yard on a busy road. I explained to him that the 84 was not a silver anniv car and even though it was a silver color Vette, it was nothing that special even though it was a decent 84. I felt bad for the lady because I wonder if someone told her or her late husband wrong info. maybe she just did not know anything about it and was clearing up an estate but regardless, many people are not well informed.

Not sure if they ever sold the car.

If GM can paint brand new Corvettes pink for Mary Kaye, I can damn well do anything I want with mine - badges, colors, whatever.:happyanim:

If GM can paint brand new Corvettes pink for Mary Kaye, I can damn well do anything I want with mine - badges, colors, whatever.:happyanim:

I dont think anyone will argue with that. The issue is when the item is being sold, does the seller try to sell somthing the car is not. I can grab Z06 badges and put it on a FRC C5 but it is not a Z06. If the seller indicates it is and trys to increase the value to an uneducated buyer then that is the issue.

Buyers need to do a little homework that is all. If someone wants to put a 40th badge on a 93 I can care less. If it is being sold, do not indicate it has the RPO code of the 40th package.

I had a big issue with this on one of my Turbo Regals. It did not have the RPO code WE2 but rather W02. Same damn car but one is a Grand National and one is not.

I dont think anyone will argue with that. The issue is when the item is being sold, does the seller try to sell somthing the car is not. I can grab Z06 badges and put it on a FRC C5 but it is not a Z06. If the seller indicates it is and trys to increase the value to an uneducated buyer then that is the issue.

Buyers need to do a little homework that is all. If someone wants to put a 40th badge on a 93 I can care less. If it is being sold, do not indicate it has the RPO code of the 40th package.

I had a big issue with this on one of my Turbo Regals. It did not have the RPO code WE2 but rather W02. Same damn car but one is a Grand National and one is not.
I just checked E-bay motors...currantly there are 13 1993 models for sale...3 of which are non ruby red cars being sold as anniversary models.....guess that makes my 88 a 35th anniversary edition as well....caveat emptor i guess:confused

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom