Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fasteners

B

Big Fish

Is there a cross reference available that will describe fasteners by size, etc, from the GM part numbers in the assembly manual?:hb

In the back of my 1981 GM Shop Manual "Section 10" the whole section is devoted to "Metric & Fastener Information" with pictures, conversion tables and torq tables.

Looking through the index of my Assembly Manual I don't see any reference to fasteners, conversion or otherwise?

Good Luck

BudD
:w

I have the GM 1974 service manual with the 1975 supplement, and the GM assembly manual. The assembly manual designates a part number to each fastener but does not give any "generic" information. I bought this car in a basket, guess I'll figure it out somehow. It is kind of tough when I have never seen it in one piece. :)

As I have my own fastener business and am I c3 owner I'd be happy to help you out.
For instance if you tell me you want all the bolts for the rear crossmember in stainless steel thats all I'd need. The catalogs charge ridiculous prices for these because they are "corvette".
I am an ARP dealer as well.
www.titaniumfasteners.com

The only place you're going to find that kind of detail fastener information for your car is in the NCRS 1975-77 Corvette Technical Information Manual & Judging Guide. You can order it on-line at www.ncrs.org or by phone at (513) 385-8526. It will tell you size, headmark, and finish information for most of the fasteners. Parts books won't help much, as very few production fasteners were ever available through service.

Thankyou John, That's good info. And thank you Redmist as well. I'll keep your info handy should I need it. You have both been very helpful.

Steve

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom