Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Father & Son Pix

Cosworth1

Corvette
1978 PACE CARE & 2008 PACE CAR
Thx for letting me share the pix of my two pace cars:
I call them "father and the son" . :w

3carsindriveway.jpg

What a difference 30 years makes! They look like great examples of Corvette Pace Cars. :v

My first Corvette was a '78, which I bought in 1999. 9 years later, and I'm in a brand new '08 C6. It is quite a difference between the two cars!

Congrats :beer

Jason

Very nice - I can imagine there is a bit of a difference in comfort and handling ;-)

they look fantastic,we have some fine examples of the 78 here in oz,but iam yet to see the current pace car in the flesh,they are very flashy indeed:upthumbs

Nice Cosworth in your avatar - I was the Cosworth Launch Manager at Lordstown in 1975. :)

Hi John Z- wow--Cosworth Launch manager..
The avitar is from my 76 Cosworth #2551..I also have a 75 Cosworth #970 (purchased in Ohio) with 7500 miles on it..
I'll bet some of the members of the CVOA (Cosworth Vega Owners Association) would love to interview you for some automobile nostalgia...

thanks.
Cosworth 1

Is that L82 Pace Car Auto or Stick?

Beautiful rides!

Is that L82 Pace Car Auto or Stick? I want to cut one of them up some day and drop an LSX in it. :)
Your's would be too nice to do that.

Hi 78 Vette--its a L82 with a 4 speed...still untitled on the MSO ! :W

Hi John Z- wow--Cosworth Launch manager..
The avitar is from my 76 Cosworth #2551..I also have a 75 Cosworth #970 (purchased in Ohio) with 7500 miles on it..
I'll bet some of the members of the CVOA (Cosworth Vega Owners Association) would love to interview you for some automobile nostalgia...

thanks.
Cosworth 1

I wrote a series of articles for the CVOA newsletter back in 2002-2003 on the design, development, and launch of the Cosworth. You've probably heard of Duke Williams (developed the re-indexed cams for the Cosworth) - I've known Duke for many years, and we've co-researched many engine-related topics together. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom