Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Favorite brand of gas?

A recent article in the Phoenix newspaper mentioned how our gasoline supplys are piped into the valley from refineries in CA. The fuel arrives to a central yard where tanker trucks fill up from the same source, and additives are mixed IN the tanker to make the different blends that each retailer advertises as the best for your car. So if you believe what you read all the gas is the same product, with the exception of the additives.

I believe you are right but the additives are important.

Glenn
:w

I use Sunoco high test in both of my Vettes.

Top Tier

I like to stick with " Top Tier" fuels. around here that means Shell and Phillips 66 pretty much. Top tier fuels are approved by the major manufacturers based on the additives and the mixture.:)

BP/Amoco ($25 rebate gift card just about every month from Visa cause my card's a Visa/BP). Used Sinclair twice when I was in St. Louis and lawd, I wanted to bottle that stuff up and haul it home with me! Now and again, Citgo's 110 Octane. Sunoco's 99 260GT+ (race fuel)!!! Great gas those two. :Steer :lou

Gas

I run BP, Mobil, Kwik Fil, the highest octane, no problems..yet.:w

I use Hess (Premium 93). Have a station a couple miles from my house. Prices are almost always lower then anyone else around. I use it for my wife's car too (87 though, not the 93). Never had a problem. When I am not near home, I stick with the major names, Mobil, Exxon, BP. Just an aside, the Sunoco a couple miles from my house (opposite direction from Hess) has regular at 2.95 a gallon. Hess has it at 2.49! Most stations in the area are between 2.49 and 2.57. Not sure what the Sunoco guy is smoking!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom