Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

[Feeler] 1997 Arctic White Coupe - 205 Miles, All Stock

vladimirhtg

Corvette
1997 Arctic White
I would love for this thread will sort of act as a feeler for something that I will have to do later on, as I have read and found the members of this forum to be extremely respectable.

I have a 1997 Arctic White Coupe that I will be selling after I return from a trip in a couple of months. The car is in Greenville, SC.

205 miles (will change but not by much)
AT
all stock--has had a few new batteries and lots of fluid but that's it.
I changed out the tpms batteries myself and the sensors have been working wonderfully for the last month and a half.
The car has the stock tires with a wee bit of dry rot on the inner walls. The car has barely been driven so the tires hasn't worried me one little bit but they will DEFINITELY need to be replaced if the car is to be driven hard at all.
The car has been stored indoors ALMOST ALL of its life. I can count the number of times that it has seen rain on one hand and it pains my heart. I swear I lost a part of my soul every time it was rained on.

CONS:
There is an AC leak. The car will give me lots of wonderfully warm air but no AC. I will give it some freon soon and see what happens. The local Chevy dealer reported a leak and that they didn't find it, but I was not told how hard they looked or where they looked or if they looked or anything at all.
The paint has suffered a few scratches. I have literally memorized the paint of the car and I can say that it is in BEAUTIFUL condition. The car has been garaged for 95% of its life so it doesn't have a reason not to be....but unfortunately, the car shared a garage with a few bicycles that were owned by younger children. These left a couple of scratches. There are also a couple of other nicks.
One of the wheels has some seriously weird scratch patterns. Not even I can explain these.

I will post pictures later if necessary but not right now as I can't. Right now I'm looking for some feedback on the value of the car. I know what that useless KBB says and I laugh. The fastest this car has ever been driven is 76 mph and I was driving. It SMELLS new. A true creampuff. Unfortunately, I have to sell her since my family needs another DD and the car is taking up space. I would like to appeal to a collector or at least an enthusiast--I have bad dreams of trying to sell this car on ebay or craigslist or something. I hate lowballers. So, I thought I would get some feedback from you guys.....

Thanks for reading and thanks for the feedback.

enjoy some pictures (NOTE--all of these pictures were taken before I detailed it, so I do not consider the car to be clean in these pictures. I took these pictures for documentation but never intended to publish them, I'll have to take more appropriate pictures when I'm back with my car (3 or 4 days from now)):

Album One (older): 1997 Corvette - Imgur
Album Two (5.18.2012): '97 Corvette Album Two - 5.18.2012 - Imgur

EDIT: apparently over half of the important picutres i was going to upload are too big. i'll have to deal with those later. I've focused on the problems with the paint in the pictures since the rest of the car is so perfect.
IMG_3962.jpgIMG_3966.jpgIMG_3967.jpgIMG_3968.jpgIMG_3969.jpgIMG_3970.jpgIMG_3981.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3985.jpg
    IMG_3985.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 197
I'll post pictures tonight when I'm done with this mini road trip im on to a camp ground. my dad owned probably 30 or 40 Corvettes, but this one was always special.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I sent you a PM. We will buy your car!

Elaine
Corvette Mike New England

Interesting.....if there ever was car that would qualify as a keeper, that would be it..
I am so with you. It will take some coaxing and prying to get these keys out of my hands.
I sent you a PM. We will buy your car!
Why thank you, I appreciate it.

Adding pictures as we speak. Not super awesome pictures but acceptable for sure.

Please call me or Corvette Mike at 508-747-8388. We do want to purchase this car.

Elaine
Cell: 617-872-8252

Scam Alert.....

Elaine.....

My scam alarm is screaming on this one. For multiple reasons, I seriously doubt the honesty of this thread to "test the value" of a 205 mile 15 year old car. Our time is being wasted here. Is there an admin. around to review this?;squint:

Elaine.....
My scam alarm is screaming on this one. For multiple reasons, I seriously doubt the honesty of this thread to "test the value" of a 205 mile 15 year old car. Our time is being wasted here. Is there an admin. around to review this?;squint:
Well give me a few reasons you're skeptical. I haven't asked for any paypal gifts yet. I'm certainly in no position that I sell the car immediately, I have all original pictures of the car (some internet searching will show that), I've been more than forthright about the condition of the car, I speak perfect english and I haven't sent any sketchy emails. So my reaching out to a Corvette community sets off your alarm? Thanks for the respect. Maybe a couple pictures of the odo would help? (You're going to have to wait on those.)

Elaine.....

Elaine is a member of the CAC Staff and I can attest to the fact she didn't just fall off the turnip truck. :L

I understand, as well as appreciate, your concerns and desire to prevent our forum being used to run a scam.

Nothing wrong with stating your opinion and concerns.:thumb

Well give me a few reasons you're skeptical. I haven't asked for any paypal gifts yet. I'm certainly in no position that I sell the car immediately, I have all original pictures of the car (some internet searching will show that), I've been more than forthright about the condition of the car, I speak perfect english and I haven't sent any sketchy emails. So my reaching out to a Corvette community sets off your alarm? Thanks for the respect. Maybe a couple pictures of the odo would help? (You're going to have to wait on those.)
Vladimir, I disagree that Boeingdriver was disrespectful in advising caution. Could he have presented it in a more polite tone? Maybe. But one would hope you would see his post more as evidence that our community is populated with people that look out for each other, including you if the need should arise.

Good luck. Elaine will definitely treat you well.

:wJane Ann
XLR8
Corvette Action Center
Forums Administrator

Jane Ann: PM sent.:w

Everyone,

Believe me, if this is/was a scam, I would find out about it in short order! I buy and sell Corvettes for Corvette Mike New England in Plymouth, MA. Mike is a vendor here on the CAC, and I am one of the Moderators here. These extremely low mileage Corvettes DO exist, and that's exactly what we like to have in our showroom!

I do thank you for your concern and will let everyone know if we actually do purchase this car.

Elaine
Corvette Action Center

Vladimir, I disagree that Boeingdriver was disrespectful in advising caution. Could he have presented it in a more polite tone? Maybe. But one would hope you would see his post more as evidence that our community is populated with people that look out for each other, including you if the need should arise.
I apologize for responding harshly--I suppose that passion arose from all the work I put into posting an honest thread and then watching it be discounted so quickly. I see that this forum is very community-like and I appreciate its value as I also have invested into other forums (although unrelated to Corvettes).

I appreciate the interest from Elaine and Corvette Mike New England, I have quasi responded to their interest in a PM and will continue to communicate with the further later on this week.

Taylor

This is silly. Why don't you post when you are ready to sell with an asking price? Asking for a price you might ask for some time in the future is not the same thing as a "C5 Corvette for sale." We'll all respond with appropriate posts when/if the car is for sale. Finding a fair asking price when you are ready is as easy as talking to reputable dealers or brokers. In the meantime, enjoy!

I see 18 images, thanks for posting.

However the most important picture is missing...How about an odometer shot?

I just got back from camping. That's been the wait. Don't worry, I'll feed ya baby birds. But I still don't feel like it's the most important shot. Look at the thing. It obviously has no miles lol sooo gorgeous. Gimme a minute

IMG_20120517_134535.jpg

Warren, ps: seriously nice work on your vette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom