Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally Back in a Vette - Nav/iPhone Question

Bonnell

Corvette
2008 Convertible
Greetings,

It has been a while since I have posted. I have had seven vettes but i was vette-less for almost four years until last Saturday.

I just purchased a 2008 JSB vert with 3LT, Z51 and Nav. This is my fourth 2008. :D

The car is in great shape with 37,800 miles on it. Here are a few things I intend to do and one I need help with:

1) Tires - The car has new Bridgestone Portenzas but I drive regularly between east Tennessee and Lake Mary, Florida. I will put Firestone Firehawk EMTs on it later this year.
2) Wheels - I like the style of wheels on the car but they must be cheap knockoffs because they have some form of corrosion on some of the spokes so I will replace those later this summer.
3) Nav Unit - As you know the Nav unit has no way to interface with an iPhone/iPod. In the past I used a GM PAL along with a harness from Ray Kawal to allow my iPhome to display playlists on the Nav unit using SiriusXM 2.

I found a PAL available and ordered it. However, I can't get a response from Ray so I am assuming he doesn't provide the harness any longer. So, I cancelled the PAL order.

I have been looking at a Kenwood unit that is coming available this month. It allows for two cameras, it has WAZE, Apple Car Play, Andriod inteface and a lot of features. I hate to replace the Nav head because I do enjoy the nav integration into the HUD but I see no way around it.

Anyone here know of options to interface my iPhone to the Nav radio?

Thanks,

J Bonnell :thumb

Wraith10.JPGWraith15.JPGWraith14.JPG

I think your idea of the aftermarket head unit is probably the best solution. Once you use Carplay you won't miss the OEM Nav. There are wiring adapters that will allow the OEM wiring to interface the new head unit utilizing the existing SiriusXM receiver as well as some other features accessing engine functions. You won't be sorry you upgraded.

Oh, BTW, Welcome back! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom