Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Finally decided to go ahead and get rid of the original Goodyear eagle 1 runflats

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
Got to thinking about how I use the Vette, and why I have to turn up the radio when on the turnpike. So I made arrangements to buy four Michelin Pilot sports PS/2 ZP put on my 2003 50th Anniversary coupe, It's got 14K miles on it and I want to start racking up the miles. And I've been listening and reading post here and at other corvette websites, and it seem to always boil down to the Michelin Pilot Sports PS/2- ZP' as the best tire for the C5. Some like the Hankook, if I spelled it right. But the Michelin's always come out on top, for ride and noise & handling. I just hope they can balance them with the stick on weights and not the clip on's as they always chip the champagne colored painted wheels. Now I have to figure out what to do with one GY with 14K miles on it and the other three which only have 200 - 400 miles on them ? Really not something I can see holding on to. :ugh

Apparently Michelin has discontinued the P/S 2 for the front, but are still available for the rear.

I just ordered a set of Michelin Pilot A/S Sport with 245/45 ZP 17 on the front and the 275/40 ZP 18 for the rear.

Hopefully they will be quieter and smoother running then the Goodyear run flats.

Hopefully they will be quieter and smoother running then the Goodyear run flats.

Steel wheeled Roller Skates on Cobblestone are quieter than GoodYear Run-Craps!~!!:D

Tire options

I have a 95 with 23,000 miles with what I believe are the original GY F1 GS-DS non runflat option tires. They are in surprisingly fair shape but the right front shows wear because the previous owner did not have the front alignment taken care of. I am looking at new tires soon. I know that this subject has been beaten to death in this forum but what kind of luck do owners have with the Kuhmo ASX style tires. I am finding that there are not many tires out there in the original front and back sizes for the car. I think that the Michilens are a good tire but for the price they better be good. I was also looking at the Continental crosscontact LX but the rear size seems to be always out of stock. I don't take the car on any extended road trips but it would be nice to be able to hear yourself think when going down the highway and these GYs are loud, possibly because of their age.
I really enjoy this forum and I have learned from many guys that know what they are talking about.

I have a 95 with 23,000 miles with what I believe are the original GY F1 GS-DS non runflat option tires. They are in surprisingly fair shape but the right front shows wear because the previous owner did not have the front alignment taken care of. I am looking at new tires soon. I know that this subject has been beaten to death in this forum but what kind of luck do owners have with the Kuhmo ASX style tires. I am finding that there are not many tires out there in the original front and back sizes for the car. I think that the Michilens are a good tire but for the price they better be good. I was also looking at the Continental crosscontact LX but the rear size seems to be always out of stock. I don't take the car on any extended road trips but it would be nice to be able to hear yourself think when going down the highway and these GYs are loud, possibly because of their age.
I really enjoy this forum and I have learned from many guys that know what they are talking about.
I have the second set Kumho ASX's on my C5 DD,Got 57,000 miles out of the first set!~!!Haven't had a flat since I changed over!(More than I can say for the Goodyear EMT's)There will NEVER be another Goodyear on it as long as I live!~!!

:thumb

I cannot speak to the Kuhmos on a Corvette...however, because of GMJunkie I did buy a set of these for my wife's Bonneville and they are great! I don't have 50,000 miles on them but they certainly handle, ride great and are quiet.

I cannot speak to the Kuhmos on a Corvette...however, because of GMJunkie I did buy a set of these for my wife's Bonneville and they are great! I don't have 50,000 miles on them but they certainly handle, ride great and are quiet.

Had Kuhmos on my 02. Hated them. Lot of noise. Got michelin from tire rack and love them. Sold the kuhmos on craigs list for $200.00.

Had Kuhmos on my 02. Hated them. Lot of noise. Got michelin from tire rack and love them. Sold the kuhmos on craigs list for $200.00.
Were they ASX All Seasons or the softer MX's or MT's?~??:confused

Were they ASX All Seasons or the softer MX's or MT's?~??:confused

Not sure. Only had car for a few months. I believe they were asx. They rode hard. If they weren't so noisy I wouldn't have 86th them.

michelin's

I read have been reading all the reviews. And changed over to the Michelin's also. Even my wife noticed the quieter ride. I think their the only way to go too. :beer

From Day one !

I read have been reading all the reviews. And changed over to the Michelin's also. Even my wife noticed the quieter ride. I think their the only way to go too. :beer
Every time I use the Corvette, it feels like a totally different car. The ride, handling and sound is different and super mega improved. I really don't know why I put off doing this years ago ! :)

I just had Michelin Sport A/S Plus ZP's installed this past week on my 03 vert.

There is a world of difference between the Michelin and the GY runflats.

The only problem is, I now can hear what my wife is saying. Is that good or bad?

The Michelins also look good.

I've got the Kuhmo run flats on mine, and they're pretty noisy. They've still got lots of tread life on them, though. I think I'll get the Ps2's next time.

I have fresh Michelin ASP ZPs on the 03, and frankly, they aren't that much better than the Goodyears.

New Hankook tires on Z06 wheels

Copy of IMG_0028.jpgFinally got rid of my GY runflats. Installed 305/30/19 Hankooks on 11" wide Z06 rims on the rear andCopy of IMG_0026.jpg 265/35/18 on 9.5" wide rims on the front. What a difference! Purchased a plug kit and a high volume 12V mini compressor in case I encounter a road hazard.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom