Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

finally got my new wheels on....

C

CLABORN1960

before:
stevesvette2.jpg

stevesvette5.jpg

after:

cor041.jpg

cor036.jpg

The new rims are Torq Thrust M's 17X9.5 in the front, 17X10.5 in the rear... the tires are Vrdestein 275/40/17 in the front and 315/35/17 in the rear....

Whats the difference between Torqu thrust M's and torque thrust II's?

The new rims are Torq Thrust M's 17X9.5 in the front, 17X10.5 in the rear... the tires are Vrdestein 275/40/17 in the front and 315/35/17 in the rear....
Very nice! Looking good!!

-Mac

I have no idea, I think the lip of the rim is different, but I will call Tomzwheels on Monday and ask what the difference is....

Florida Guy I like the sawblades but I wanted something wider in the rear and couldn't get that with the sawblades without doing some modifications.... and for me I think I am liking the chrome the more I look at it....

after:
cor036.jpg

Very nice!!!

I think 17s are the perfect size for a Vette!

Very nice!!!

I think 17s are the perfect size for a Vette!
I agree... I thought about going up to 18s but the more I looked at the 17s I decided to stick with them because they seem to fit just right...

I was blinded by the bling in that first after pic.:L

From the pictures it almost looks like you got a new paint job too! ;LOL The Ruby cleans up pretty good:beer

I emailed Tomz Wheels and this is their response to the question (TTII = torq thrust 2, TTM = torq thrust m)....

The TTII is what put American Racing on the map. It was first made in 1956 and has not changed much since then. In 2006 they made the TTM as a 50 year anniversary wheel and made it in the 3 different finishes. Chrome, Black and Anthracite. They used the original mold for the design so it is pretty much the same. They did change the width and cap. That way no one would forget about the TTII. The TTM is offered for a lot less ($) than the TTII just because of the name. As I can get the TTM in chrome for less than the TTII in polished. I hope this helped.

From the pictures it almost looks like you got a new paint job too! ;LOL The Ruby cleans up pretty good:beer
I did get it painted about 2 yrs ago.... look close and you will notice that I had the door handles painted the same color as the car... I like that look better....

Love those wheels

Those wheels look fantastic! I love that classic muscle car look. I might copy those for my 89. Thanks for sharing those pictures. Very Nice.

Thanks,
Radar :_rock:beer

By the way, can you tell us about what a set of those wheels and the tires run? And more information on where to buy them?

Thanks,
Radar ;help

By the way, can you tell us about what a set of those wheels and the tires run? And more information on where to buy them?

Thanks,
Radar ;help
I bought mine from Tomzwheels http://tomzwheels.com/catalog/ call their 800 number and tell them you saw some rims you liked on CorvetteActionCenter and they probably will make you an offer you won't want to refuse.... I purchased the wheels and tires so when they were delivered I just had to bolt them on... PM me and I'll tell you what I paid.....

Thanks for that information. I'll be waiting until spring to consider getting wheels and I'll give tomzwheels a try then. Thanks for the lead!

Regards and Merry Christmas,
Radar

Those do look good. thanks for posting

I have seen TT II's on a c4 and dont like them very much. Your TT M's look great ! The wider flat spoke give them a totally different look.
what offset are the rear 17x10.5 wheels ?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom