Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finally got the wife in the vette this year for a drive

White75

Corvette
'75 L48 Auto White, '78 L82 4-spd SA
It's September and my wife Christi finally got her first ride in the vette this year.

Why did it take so long you might ask...

Well for the winter and most of the spring, the vette was getting a new interior. By the time most everything was done and it was driveable, my wife was 7 months pregnant with our first future Corvette driver who was born just before Memorial Day. That wouldn't be much fun considering she could barely get in and out of a normal car or SUV.

Once Sydney was born, well there went most of any spare time we had (not complaining, she's a real sweetie). Plus it was so hot this summer that the vette stayed in the garage a lot, except for a few trips that I took just to keep her in shape.

Well luckily I was able to leave work early on Friday to start the holiday weekend early and Christi was working from home. Sydney was still in day care so it was just us. For once, the weather was only in the low 90's with a nice breeze and cloudy sky so I proposed a Sonic run to take advantage of the nice weather and freedom from the little one so we popped over to Sonic for some ice cream and the usual Route 44 Cherry-Limeade. It was a perfect cruise and even got a wave from a C6 owner!

The drink run wasn't enough and since we were near a baby clothes store we decided to run over there to see what they had. While we were there we created a new corvette enthusiast that was about 5 years old. He was just gawking at the vette as his mom was trying to get him into their minivan and once he saw us getting into it was asking questions about it. He asked us if it was fast and refused to get into the van until he heard it so we obliged and he had a grin from ear to ear. It was totally worth it and got in a few good revs of the engine, even Christi was getting a kick out of it.

We enjoyed the rest of our drink as we cruised on back home. It was a good time. Now we're going to have to coerce Christi's mom to babysit Saturday evenings so we can go to some of the cruise ins now the temperatures are cooler.

It's September and my wife Chrisit finally got her first ride in the vette this year.

Why did it take so long you might ask...

Well for the winter and most of the spring, the vette was getting a new interior. By the time most everything was done and it was driveable, my wife was 7 months pregnant with our first future Corvette driver who was born just before Memorial Day. That wouldn't be much fun considering she could barely get in and out of a normal car or SUV.

Once Sydney was born, well there went most of any spare time we had (not complaining, she's a real sweetie). Plus it was so hot this summer that the vette stayed in the garage a lot, except for a few trips that I took just to keep her in shape.

Well luckily I was able to leave work early on Friday to start the holiday weekend early and Christi was working from home. Sydney was still in day care so it was just us. For once, the weather was only in the low 90's with a nice breeze and cloudy sky so I proposed a Sonic run to take advantage of the nice weather and freedom from the little one so we popped over to Sonic for some ice cream and the usual Route 44 Cherry-Limeade. It was a perfect cruise and even got a wave from a C6 owner!

The drink run wasn't enough and since we were near a baby clothes store we decided to run over there to see what they had. While we were there we created a new corvette enthusiast that was about 5 years old. He was just gawking at the vette as his mom was trying to get him into their minivan and once he saw us getting into it was asking questions about it. He asked us if it was fast and refused to get into the van until he heard it so we obliged and he had a grin from ear to ear. It was totally worth it and got in a few good revs of the engine, even Christi was getting a kick out of it.

We enjoyed the rest of our drink as we cruised on back home. It was a good time. Now we're going to have to coerce Christi's mom to babysit Saturday evenings so we can go to some of the cruise ins now the temperatures are cooler.
Your post makes me wonder when I'm going to get to take my wife out for a cruise. My vette has been down due to brake issue's for the past few months. Finally got a chance to install the new rear calipers thinking this would be the resolution to my woes but nope. Maybe before winter?.....:boogie

Your post makes me wonder when I'm going to get to take my wife out for a cruise. My vette has been down due to brake issue's for the past few months. Finally got a chance to install the new rear calipers thinking this would be the resolution to my woes but nope. Maybe before winter?.....:boogie
Yeah I went through the brake issues a few years ago and ended up replacing the entire system (calipers, lines, master cylinder, booster, another master cylinder) before all was right in the cosmos. I hope you get yours fixed soon!

Thanks for sharing the Corvette story, I enjoyed reading it!!

And congrats to you and your wife on the arrival of your little one!!

:wJane Ann

Congrats. I took my wife out two weeks ago for the first time. It was being painted all this season.

I prodded her to take it for a spin but she wanted to be chauffeured

Great story.

My wife prefers to be chauffeured also. I have tried to get her to drive it but she says she would rather set in the passengers seat and ride. Good for me because I prefer to be in the driver seat. :eek:hnoes

My wife wants to take it all the time so I try to keep it in the garage with some part removed so she can't take it with out me :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom