Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

finaly restoring 1969 conv

Corvette
1969 stingray,black conv.
I have a 1969 corvette conv. 350/350 4sp,air,all pwr,also have hard top..I bought it in 1977. It has a rusty frame from spending to much time on Daytona Beach before I was married,not sure it was worth it though to have to go through all this work now. She hated it,and tryed to get me to sell it ever since we got married. NOT!...Now I'm starting to restore it,and its been in gararge for 23 years sitting,covered and not been driven on the road sence I got married in 1983 because of the frame,18 years later got divorce and already started on the restoring of it.All #'s match on motor and transmission to car. Now the frame I bought is out of a 1974,so it worries me about using it or find one for that year,any advice ???....WOW I miss that sound and sweet ride,but I still have it,and shes gone :boogie

I would use what you have or go to an aftermarket frame that uses newer suspension for a better ride/performance. Some of the C1-C2 guys are us ing SR111 frames and it doesn't bother them any. Since you have had the car for 30 years it doesn't look like you are going to sell it any time soon.;LOL
Its your car do what best suits you then drive it:lou

I have a 1969...the frame I bought is out of a 1974,so it worries me about using it or find one for that year,any advice ???....

Go here: http://www.71corvette.com/frames.html Very good discussion of frame changes over the years. The '74 frame will not be a direct bolt in. Body mounts are a little lower on the frame and the rear X-member changed for rubber bumpers.

:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom