Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Find my 63 SWC

T

terribletom

I owned a 1963 SWC FI car until 1969. I had the car in Nevada when I was stationed at the air base flying fighter aircraft and my "then" wife made me sell it because it was too hot to drive in the Nevada heat.

I would love to find that car again as it was a real beauty. I don't any longer have the VIN but there can't be that many 63 Daytona Blue SWC FI cars around. I would real like to know what became of it.

I sold the car in California in 1969 as a trade-in on a family car.

Since then I ditched the "then" wife and I presently own a 63 SWV FI car white but would love to find the other one.

Can anyone help?

Terribletom

terribletom said:
I sold the car in California in 1969 as a trade-in on a family car.
:cry

I don't have any suggestions, but welcome to the CAC and good luck.

Tammy

MsSchroder said:
:cry

I don't have any suggestions, but welcome to the CAC and good luck.

Tammy

Thanks much and I look forward to it. I've owned several Corvettes and intend to own more. Love the site!

GoodLuck

Greetings and welcome to the CAC. From what you have told us this far here is what I can figure. There were 3,475 Daytona Blue Corvettes in 1963. There were 2,610 Corvettes with the FI option produced. If you remember any other options that could help to narrow it down even more. Such as did you have backup lamps? Only 318 were produced in 63. That would really narrow it down. Either way I wish you luck in your search.

If you are wondering where I found this information, check out the Tech Center on this website.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c2/1963/63prod.html

Got any more info? I have a 63 FI coupe, Daytona Blue, Blue, radio. It was in New Mexico and west Texas in early 70's.

terribletom said:
I owned a 1963 SWC FI car until 1969... I don't any longer have the VIN but there can't be that many 63 Daytona Blue SWC FI cars around.

Without knowing your original vin it's impossible to know if you found your car or its brother. There were probably only 150 or so Daytona Blue FI Coupes made in 1963.

Just get yourself a Daytona Blue FI SWC and call it good.

edit: Or just paint your white car. Even easier ! :)

Can't ever go wrong with a sweet '63.

If you can get more specifics you can have the NCRS put an ad in their monthly magazine. Lots and lots of Vette owners look there. . . ;)

The VIN would obviously be best, but a complete list of options, the selling dealer, the dealer you traded it in to, etc. could all be clues.

Best of luck!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom