Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Finished my car stereo upgrade!!!!!

vigman

Motor head!!!!
Corvette
88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
So here's the system ( 1988 vert )

Kenwood KDC-X659 & matching exilon 10 disc CD changer ( $825.00 installed )

Rockford 225 mono block amp for subs
4 channel amp 125 per channel RMS not fake-o power for the 2 front sets of speakers

2)Kenwood 10" subs plastic cone in rear cargo compartment in custom box.
By removing the storage hatch lids and sealing. I increased the volume of the speaker enclousure by the area of the storage compartments to add to the volume of the enclousure. This give you that OUTRAGEOUS low end responce. ( X over @ 100 hz) The feel it..not hear it effect!

Kenwood Exilon 6 inch 2 way coax for doors, and yes.. I did a sub panel so the factory grilles were retained.
JBL4X6 for top of dash with X over (passive) so the top speakers are more like mids & tweets!

It SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!

*NO IGN NOISE....More than enough power even with top down @ 80MPH

And for the record, since I do audio professionally... this by FAR is the best car audio I have experienced... considering the Vette is not the BEST platform for speaker mounting... acoustics etc.

So Hats off to Danny @ SoundStations in Valencia!!

Vig!

Sounds nice. Wat wories me is that the aftermarket radio dont fit in the dach. The Bose looks nice in its place. I had a lokal "expert" that repared my rear amplifiers so im rather happy with the sound. The CD player does not work but i will get to that in the comming winter. And we have a long winter in sweden.
Max

I had a double din (2 times the standard size radio) in my 93 that fit perfectly... just something to think about

Do not understand that...the standard radio is 19 cm and the opening in the dach is 17 cm across. So how can it fit
Max

Hey Vig!!!:upthumbs

Least you could do is show us a pic of what you have done...:w

Pix Soon

Been Woikin my BUTT off!

I have a 94 with the stock Bose Gold AM/FM/Cass and it sounds OK for a stock system. If I wanted to install a new head unit and leave the speakers alone will this work? I hear that each speaker has it's own amp so would I need to adapt the RCA output of the deck into the factory harness back to the speakers? Or could I use the speaker level outputs?

I've done all the high power stuff in my younger days so I am not after that. I just want a CD player again ! I have not used a tape since 1988 when I installed my first indash cd player and have never looked back.

Vig you have the exact same setup I do with the subs. I used 12" Kickers. And your right its more of a feel it experience than a volume one.

I really be interested in some pictures to compare with mine. I have some loose end Im not sure how to tie up.

Thanks

If you'd like I can photo mine as well. And you'll see the "Loose Ends" Lol

Grats buddy

:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom