Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Firewall Removal

S

Spdfrk

Im sure this has popped up before but how hard is it to remove a firewall from a 77 coupe and how do I go about doing it??

I need to replace the passenger side lower windshield frame, clean up the door posts and put in my new sills.

Thanks

Nevermind I found an old string with exactly what i need, thanks anyway. I should have done this earlier!!!

Don't forget to take some good pictures. Most people can not believe that you can actually cut one that far down and actually put it back together.

In my opinion, this is the only way to really gain access to the front lower windshield metal, treat the rust, and seal it all back up.

We have done it to two of them now (three really if you count a parts car). So, if I can be of any help, just drop me a line.

chris

Spdfrk said:
Nevermind I found an old string with exactly what i need, thanks anyway. I should have done this earlier!!!
How about posting that link?

tom...

Thanks Chris, if we run into problems you will be the first one I ask.

As for the link I found the info right here and from 69MYWAY and myself no doubt. I dont know how to link you there but just do a search for firewall removal posted by myself around april 02' and you'll find it.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom