Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: First 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray Sells For $1.1 Million

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
The 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray with VIN ending in #0001 sold yesterday at the Barrett-Jackson auction held in Scottsdale, Arizona for an incredible $1.1 million!

All proceeds from the sale of the very first C7 Corvette Stingray will be going to benefit the College for Creative Studies in Detroit.

The winning bidder was none other than NASCAR team owner and avid Corvette collector, Richard Hendrick.

More details and photos to follow:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2014_barrett_jackson.jpg
    2014_barrett_jackson.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 353
We all love Rick....lucky duck !

While I was watching, he dropped around 2.5 million on 3 cars. I couldn't take it anymore and had to change the channel.

I know that the money benefits a good cause, however, I just don't see it $1.1M for a car type that will be worth $30-$35k in two years? :W

I think Hendricks might be one of those 1%ers that we've been hearing about.

This 'first-off' C7 will be added to Rick Hendrick's other 150 Corvettes in his private collection in Charlotte, NC. After viewing his collection a few years ago, I would estimate it at a market value of around $25 million (my numbers only.....but, what do I know !).

This 'first-off' C7 will be added to Rick Hendrick's other 150 Corvettes in his private collection in Charlotte, NC. After viewing his collection a few years ago, I would estimate it at a market value of around $25 million (my numbers only.....but, what do I know !).

That was my point, is the car really worth $1.1 million? I don't think so, It may be to a few select folks, but after all, it is just a 2014 C7 coupe. My 2011 Z06/Z07 is much more of a car, IMO.

That was my point, is the car really worth $1.1 million? I don't think so, It may be to a few select folks, but after all, it is just a 2014 C7 coupe. My 2011 Z06/Z07 is much more of a car, IMO.

There a few little things like VIN #1 and the fact it will probably be in pristine nearly un-driven condition 50 years from now that will make the car's value different from your random, but faster, Vette.

And don't you remember the whole commercial about Leno and Seinfield fighting for the first NSX? There is something vastly different about having number 1 as opposed to number 2.

Would you buy a vette from Hendricks Chevrolet in Ga?

Has anybody dealt with them?

Thanks

Alan

Glad we have a 1% that loves both cars and charitys, Its what we all should be working towards.
1% ERS isn't the problem. Its the % age of people that think they are the problem. I Was glad to see all the outrageous prices paid for the cars at Barrett Jackson. At least a person with money can put there money into something that still has value. Not a so-called 1%er but would still like to be one . One day and if not. Always a nice fantasy.:thumb

There a few little things like VIN #1 and the fact it will probably be in pristine nearly un-driven condition 50 years from now that will make the car's value different from your random, but faster, Vette.

And don't you remember the whole commercial about Leno and Seinfield fighting for the first NSX? There is something vastly different about having number 1 as opposed to number 2.

There will be thousands of C7 2014 coupes built...my "random 'Vette" is one of 500 2011 Z07's built and one of 167 Inferno Orange 2011's built and there will be no more 427's.

There will be thousands of C7 2014 coupes built...my "random 'Vette" is one of 500 2011 Z07's built and one of 167 Inferno Orange 2011's built and there will be no more 427's.

How many of those C7 2014 Coupes have VIN #0001 :eyerole

It's a special car whether you want it to be or not. :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom