Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

First Post

ispanic

Hello,

I've been lurking here for awhile and have enjoyed this forum so I thought I would introduce myself.
I own a '66 vert 327/300hp with factory a/c Triple Black. Hopefully the restoration will be done this year. :)

Ian

Welcome aboard. :beer Sounds like a nice car you have triple black with A/C. :)

Hello, Ian, and welcome to the CAC.

Posting is always better than lurking :D

Tammy :w

ispanic,

Welcome to CAC. A triple black 'vert. That sounds great.

We're glad you're here. :w

Ian,

Welcome to the CAC - where the advice is always good, and the folks are always friendly!

Thom

ispanic, you've come to the right place as you probably already know by now... WELCOME

Hey Ian, hope to see that '66 out on those Wisconsin roads this summer. How big of a resto project are you into? Is there much left to do?

-Karl

Welcome, Ian! :) You came to the right place!
That ride of yours sounds sweet! :upthumbs
You will have a great time here! :D
Save The Wave! :w

Gregory

RugHead said:
Hey Ian, hope to see that '66 out on those Wisconsin roads this summer. How big of a resto project are you into? Is there much left to do?

-Karl

I am into a huge resto project! It's a long story but this all started with a 1 1/2 inch paint blister that was caused by someone repairing the a/c. When I got the car it had been painted Sunfire yellow and the paint "accident" has grown into a full frame on restoration with me returning the car back to the original Tuxedo Black. I am sure everyone can relate to the old "as long as I am fixing this I might as well do this" Trap that I have fallen into. There is still a whole bunch that has to be done but I am trying to be optimistic that I will drive it this year. The shop should have the first primer on soon if all goes well.

Ian

ispanic said:
It's a long story but this all started with a 1 1/2 inch paint blister.........
Ian

I know that feeling well!
My '65 coupe developed a paint blister on the hood so last summer I took the car into the paint shop to have the blister and a couple of other minor paint flaws repaired. Well, we ended up deciding to just strip the entire car and redo the entire paint job (this was only 5 months after I bought the car which had just been completed out of a 4 year body-off restoration).
I am now at 8 months that the car has been at the body/paint shop and i should have her back in a few weeks.
It seems that no matter how minor the work is you plan on doing on these cars that it always turns into a mojor project! :beer

Greetings

Welcome Ian,

Haven't you guys ever heard of Maaco? ;LOL They're cheap and they do it quickly. Just kidding :D. We hope that you get your Vette out this summer too. Most of us (ie northerners) know what it is like not to be able to drive our cars. Pure Torture :cry. Enjoy your time here at the :CAC

~Ripp

Ripp 76 said:
Welcome Ian,

Haven't you guys ever heard of Maaco? ;LOL They're cheap and they do it quickly. ~Ripp

of course I've heard of Maaco. Where do you think my car is getting painted?! ;LOL

The day I allow Maaco to touch my Vette is the same day my wife will be planting my body six feet underground!

Actually, a number of years ago a guy I was working with had his Trans Am painted at Maaco. It lasted approx 2 weeks than the paint was peeling off in sheets on the front of the car.

BarryK said:
I know that feeling well!
Hi Barry,

I can't tell you how many times I have made my wife read your posts as you were going through your various mishaps. I didn't think anyone could have the same kind of luck that I have had with my car :L. I always enjoy your updates and can't wait to see "Baby" finished.

Ian

ispanic said:
Hello,

I've been lurking here for awhile and have enjoyed this forum so I thought I would introduce myself.
I own a '66 vert 327/300hp with factory a/c Triple Black. Hopefully the restoration will be done this year. :)

Ian

Hi Ian :w and welcome to the friendliest corvette forum!

Please post pictures of your tripleblack as soon as you get them..I'm kinda partial to tripleblack vettes!!:D

Best regards,
Pedro

Welcome Ian,

You have hung your hat in the right place...any problem you might have with you car, chances are we already had it and found a fix. Good luck with restoration, just remember this about restoring a vette, 90% is cost, the other 10% is worry...enjoy..

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome. I will try and post some pics in the not too distant future.

Ian

EBVette said:
Welcome Ian,

You have hung your hat in the right place...any problem you might have with you car, chances are we already had it and found a fix. Good luck with restoration, just remember this about restoring a vette, 90% is cost, the other 10% is worry...enjoy..

It's the 90% that is killing me right now :L . I swear just when I think there is no more I could possibly do I end up with a nice new long list!

Ian

Heh Ian,

Welcome to the forum. We have all the info you need to help you thru your restro. Don't hesitate to ask questions. We have some very talented people here.

Like 67 Heaven... He's our Canadian Corvette Expert...His dog pictured below also helps when he works on his vette. I know...they have some funny looking dogs in Canada.....

bev.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom