Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Fixing warped hardtop for '65 Corvette convertible

dekats1

Corvette
1965 small-block convertible
I recently purchased a restored '65 convertible that was to come with the optional hardtop. Because the hardtop had not been on the car for years (it was sitting in a storage locker rented by the owner) and had never been restored, it was restored before delivery to me. The problem is that the hardtop apparently warped while sitting in storage and the bottom is too wide to fit the attachment pieces inside of the sills where they would then be bolted on the car.

Frankly, I do not wish to deal with the seller anymore, as restoring the top was something of an ordeal. A Corvette guy I know said that the reason is probably that the bow(s) was improperly stored and warped. Since I am not eager to pay even more to have the hardtop taken apart once again. is there a way that I can bend it back to the original width so that it can be mounted on the car? I thought perhaps sitting it on its side edge and then putting some weight on top of that might bend it back. But that might do more harm than good. Anyone know how this might be done inexpensively?

Thanks.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom