Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Flood Cars Are Starting to be Advertised For Sale Lately!!! "Pitfalls"?

Chuck, My replies to your posts were meant to be informative to the group, I am a retired Deputy Sheriff, as a result I am very much aware of the games that many car dealers continue to play, this was my only intent, to warn that nothing or no agency can guarantee that you will not buy a problem.

I totally agree.

Chuck M

Minifridge you say chevrollet and gm dont keep track of vin # in your reply, all manufacturers to my knowledge keeps records from the day it leves the factory etc, the dealer notifies the manufacturer
that vin # was dammaged beyond repair etc the vehicle is new unregistered so the manufacturer
i think puts 0 warranty on that vin#so when sometime later when an unsuspecting owner tries to make a claim its rejected, :w thx to all who replied.

Minifridge you say chevrollet and gm dont keep track of vin # in your reply, all manufacturers to my knowledge keeps records from the day it leves the factory etc, the dealer notifies the manufacturer
that vin # was dammaged beyond repair etc the vehicle is new unregistered so the manufacturer
i think puts 0 warranty on that vin#so when sometime later when an unsuspecting owner tries to make a claim its rejected, :w thx to all who replied.

The service department will track what work they've done but that's not the same thing. If you take a vehicle to the dealer for work and they determine that it is totaled, then they would have a record of that. They keep track of what THEY did to the car. Unless it will impact them financially (warranty and recall) then they don't care.

They would be able to look up the title status based on the VIN, but the manufacturer doesn't track that. They can look it up. Can you call GM and ask if a VIN has been reported stolen? Ask what the mileage was the last time it was registered? Ask what state it is registered in? Ask the who is the owner? No.

The DMV keeps some of that. And is only as accurate as it is reported.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom