Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

flooring

P

pauld

What do you guys use for flooring in garage, do you just use floor paint??

John is right. If you want a long-lasting floor then the 2 part epoxy or urethane finishes intended for industrial use, are the only way to go. An awful lot of the home center floor paints will lift from hot tires. When a hot tire comes to rest on the paint, it reactivates the paint and makes it bond to the tire. When the car rolls out, it pulls the paint up. The main difference between epoxy and urethane finishes is in the gloss and abrasion resistance. The Epoxy has a lot more abrasion resistance, while the urethanes have a spectacular gloss. There are many shops which use epoxy for the base coat and then top coat with clear urethane for the gloss. Urethanes can be top coated in the future with little preparation while epoxies will need to be sanded for proper adhesion. We use Sherwin Williams epoxies and urethanes both on our shop floors at work, and we have been very pleased with the performance. It will cost about $600 to do a good sized 2 car garage floor if you do the work yourself, so the material is not cheap, but it will last!
Regards, John McGraw

2 part epoxy

I used 2 part epoxy, and it is very durable. I do alot of hard work in my garage, such as engine pulling, welding, cutting and grinding. The floor has some evidence of hard work being done, but you have to look pretty hard for it. I clean it up daily, and even mop it at least once a week, and still looks like new!

Bill

even mop it at least once a week
I do that also in my garage at the house.My wife thinks Im a nut for mopping the garage floor,Ill have to let her know Im not the only nut that does it.:D

Mark,

You should see the looks I get from the neighbors as they walk their dogs past as I am mopping! One lady said that the inside of our house must be impeccable. I told her that the garage looks much better than the house.

:cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom