Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Flowmasters

02-TR-Z06

Ordered a set of flowmaster mufflers (50's) :s Should be here tomorrow.

My question is...... Do these tend to be a good fit as far as installation, or do they tend to need some playing around???

Also any thoughts on cat gutting (not that I do that kind of thing)?

Thanks
Denzil

91Red6Sp, Dave (GS796) from Guldstrand should be here sometime and I'm sure he's got some insight for you. He prefers Flowmasters and installs them all the time. ;)

i have a B & B 3" cat back...resonates badly....if i didn't race the car i would get rid of them...to gut the cats creats problems with the O2 sensors...u need to get O2 simulators or it will screw up the air/fuel mixture

1987 Z51 said:
91Red6Sp, Dave (GS796) from Guldstrand should be here sometime and I'm sure he's got some insight for you. He prefers Flowmasters and installs them all the time. ;)

Thanks

brooks said:
i have a B & B 3" cat back...resonates badly....if i didn't race the car i would get rid of them...to gut the cats creats problems with the O2 sensors...u need to get O2 simulators or it will screw up the air/fuel mixture

Thanks

Will probably leave them alone for now!

This is the first time I've tried to replay to anything, so I hope I get it right. Here goes!
I bought my Grand Sport in March. There was nothing wrong with the exhaust, I just though LT-4 should sound a little more authoritative. I ordered the Flowmaster cat-back system from Summit Racing (about $540). I was going to install it myself, but I only have two jack stands and Gary at Austin Corvette wouldl do it for $100. On the lift it was very easy. Everything fit very nicely. The clearance at the differential and rear spring is close, watch for interference. Before I had them installed, I painted the rear chambers and tips with Duplicolor flat black high temp paint.
They look good, and sound GRRRRRRRReat!
:beer

Hey, 91RED6SPD, I have a 91 ragtop that I have had less than a year and I am about to order Flowmasters as well. I hear they go on pretty easily and look forward to hearing from you how the installation went. Let us know when you are done and how it went. Good luck. From what I can see, the installation looks pretty straight forward.:s

flowmasters

most cars that have (resonance) problems with flowmaster mufflers have not had an h pipe installed where the tailpipes split to go to the mufflers or they have not been checked for clearance between the frame ,rear suspension and torque tube and the exshaust (with two heavy people in the car) almost all reasonance is really the lack of an h pipe or the exshaust touching something under the car when people are in it. the mufflers themselfs sound great

Got the flows yesterday, Held them up next to the stock mufflers. looks like a easy bolt on! I've all ready had the stock mufflers off and made a cut where the pipes go together for easy on easy off (had a set of TARGA mufflers on for a while)!

I plan on putting them on Saturday, I let you know how the install goes and my impressions on sound and resonance.

flowmasters

dont forget to have a crossover ( H ) pipe installed where the tailpipes split to go to the mufflers and to check for clearance with people in the car

I got them on Friday night. Took about 1/2 hour. Perfect fit.

The sound is just what I was looking for, not to loud but a good strong rumble. Can still play the radio and have a normal conversation. not much if any resonance to speak of.

all in all I'd call it a 9/10.

Denzil

Guess I was a little slow seeing this post, but you most definitely made the right choice.

Dave

We all oops on our spelling once in awhile. But I bet you got the general idea.. :)

Shay

Flows are awesome, for power and sound. Lose the cat and youve really got something!! :D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom