Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Flowmasters?

B

Bob Bewalda

I am thinking about changing my stock mufflers to Flowmasters on my 92 LT1, leaving the rest of the system stock.
I still have to pass emission testing for a while. Will I hear a noticeable difference? Being a seasoned citizen, I long for the Duals with Glasspack sound!

I would appreciate anyone's experience.

Get the Deltas series 60, less resonance! and dump the middle resonator and install a X crossover in it's place!

I have them on my ZR-1 and love them...:D

You will not see a noticeable difference in performance. You will here a difference in sound.

The sound will not be the "glasspack" sound you desire.

It will be a more deep-toned sound...some call it that "Flowmaster Sound". The loudness will vary with which Flowmaster you choose.

I've got Flowmasters on my 94.

Love the sound. I agree with the "deep" rumble description and they do gurgle on decceleration.

When I'm parking at work, I shift into second in the parking garage to drop the rpm and almost always setoff a car alarm or two.

I'd swear that sometimes they resonate with Phil Lesh if I have the CD player loud enough.

I have flowmasters on my 92 LT1 and am very satisfied, it's a nice soft deep kind of old school rumble under normal driving, stick your foot in it and it'll roar nicely. I did have the resonator removed and right now have 2 1/2" duals all the way back. There is the resonance sound at about 1700 rpm's at the moment, one of these days I want to go back and put in an X pipe as GrapeKnutz has already suggested.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom