Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Fob

Robertwav1

Corvette
1993 Blue
Hello All,

The FOB remote, does anyone have a place that repair and or replaces the plastic case. I have one that works but would like to have another in case it gives up as well. I did find someone that used to repair them, sent an e-mail and waiting for a response. Just thought I'd ask in case someone has experience with this. The person I e-mailed was responsible for the design and the price was reasonable as opposed to the cost of a new one. The post was from 2009 on another forum so I'm not sure I'll get a response or not. Thanks!

Most car lots new or used have a drawer full of used fobs, stop by one or two and ask

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I had a broken case on one of my trucks fobs. I found OReilly's carries empty cases, unfortunately not mine. I found out who made mine and tried them but they never responded. I then went to Ebay and started looking for fobs and found two that though not working had the same case but a different model number. I took the guts out of mine and transferred them to one of the replacement cases. Worked just fine.

For finding another one, try checking yours for a model number and google it, you might find one that way.

Good luck, hope that helps.

Thanks guys,

Did get some feedback as well from Bree who sometimes has a few laying around. For now I'll use the one I have and I'll check around like suggested. The plastic cases are not made of a good material and they crack after so many years. I'll eventually find one.....thanks again for the ideas.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom