Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: FOBs

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - '21 Silver Flare Coupe - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
I broke the FOB casing for my '08 Vette. Anyone know where you can get just the casing for these darn FOBs without having to buy a whole new FOB?

The dealers only sell whole FOBs. My dealer says they have a few spare FOBs lying around and I can see if any are right for my FOB. I'll have to do that next time I'm down there but, in the meantime, are there any resources for FOB cases?

Any luck with your fob, Tuna? FYI, the '08's had a different fob from the '05-'07 C6's.

:thumb Jason

Not yet. The 'spare' FOB's my dealer has are not correct - yet.
In the meantime, I've carefully glued the case together with super glue and it's still working just fine. I've got to take the '06 down for alignment and stuff next month and I'll check again for a correct FOB and swap out the case if they have one.

I got a fob on eBay for $10.

I got a fob on eBay for $10.

I'll be looking there before long but I'm going back to my dealer soon and I'll check his stash of 'extra' FOBs again first.

I broke the FOB casing for my '08 Vette. Anyone know where you can get just the casing for these darn FOBs without having to buy a whole new FOB?

The dealers only sell whole FOBs. My dealer says they have a few spare FOBs lying around and I can see if any are right for my FOB. I'll have to do that next time I'm down there but, in the meantime, are there any resources for FOB cases?

Just out of curiosity....what did you end op doing bout your FOB?? I am wondering because if that happens (not if, when) to me I would kinda like insight on options/possibilities. I know back in March of '08 I had to have my FOB's redone for my Yukon. I had lost one, and the other melted basically. Got to where it wouldn't work, took it to local GMC dealer to get btry replaced but said it was shot. It cost me hundreds (close to 400 I think it was) to buy/have two new FOBs programmed. And those are not as sophisticated as the Vettes are (I think) Months later, I saw on Ebay people selling them (for Yukon/Tahoe). I've often wondered what all it takes to buy/program those. I remember the sales lady tell me the day I brought my Vette home that those cost between 5-600.....I don't know if that's correct or not....never came accross anybody who knows to validate that. :)

I used some super glue to put the case back together and it's still working. So, I'm not too concerned about replacing the case right now. I'll run across a fob case sometime down the road and swap out the cases. In the meantime, it works and I'm leaving it alone.

Just out of curiosity....what did you end op doing bout your FOB?? I am wondering because if that happens (not if, when) to me I would kinda like insight on options/possibilities. I know back in March of '08 I had to have my FOB's redone for my Yukon. I had lost one, and the other melted basically. Got to where it wouldn't work, took it to local GMC dealer to get btry replaced but said it was shot. It cost me hundreds (close to 400 I think it was) to buy/have two new FOBs programmed. And those are not as sophisticated as the Vettes are (I think) Months later, I saw on Ebay people selling them (for Yukon/Tahoe). I've often wondered what all it takes to buy/program those. I remember the sales lady tell me the day I brought my Vette home that those cost between 5-600.....I don't know if that's correct or not....never came accross anybody who knows to validate that. :)

Haven't looked into the reprogramming part, but here's a set of 2006-8 FOBs on eBay today for $68 w/free shipping: Chevy Corvette C6 Key Fob Set Smart Key 06-08 #1 & #2 : eBay Motors (item 110503868387 end time Mar-14-10 13:14:48 PDT)

I'm sure Tuna might be interested. Mine is a '09 so don't know if the same....or I might be interested to have on hand. I see your in Greenville? I'm in Pottsboro/Lake Texoma. (Denison/Sherman area.)

Actually, the '08 and the '06 have different looking FOBs but I'm not sure if the electronics are the same. So the ebay ad may not be correct.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom