Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

-Fog light upgrade-

tankman

Corvette
1998 pace car,Impala, duramax, STS, k5
Hey there-
Was wondering if anyone has found a better bulb to fit in existing lamp holder for their foglights? The 35 watt Sylvania is weak.
Thanks for the help :Steer :v

I installed the PIAA 1100X Driving/Fog Lamps - they are real bright ..

50W 885s

An inexpensive upgrade would be to use 50W 885s (I think also by Sylvania). Believe it or not, they make a big difference.

885 bulbs make a difference. Also aim the foglights properly. Use a 15 Tork screwdriver, from about 25-35 feet, aim them justbelow your low beam headlights.

Thanks for the info guys!!

:cool :upthumbs

Hhhmmmm....how do i get in to the fog lamps...not me but my hand to get the lamp out. I think you know wat i men.
Max

Max,

You get to them from the top. Open your hood and flip your lights to the open position. It might be a little tight, but you should be able to get you hand down to the fog light. I think you turn the bulb 1/4 turn to the left to remove it. DO NOT TOUCH THE NEW BULBS WITH YOUR FINGERS. It will cause them to fail in a short amount of time.

Hope it helps!

FWIW on a GM truck forum, the guys have found that the 50 w fog light bulbs melt the reflectors, not sure about Corvettes.

I've used them for a season without any problems. You can check on the Corvette Forum for many detailed discussions regarding this application.

Sounds OK then, maybe the reflectors are better quality in the Vette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom