Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Footwell LED lights

RonnieH

Corvette
2012 Crystal Red Metallic
I feel silly asking, but what is the easiest way to uplug the footwell lights on a 2012 C6? I am going to plug in the LED lights. I just had a hip replacement about 4 weeks ago and I can't lay on my back with my head in the footwell. I was trying to disconnect the lights by feel. My LED's already have a connector, so if I can just disconnect the current light, I can plug the male and female conductors and run the strip lights. I tried to feel the foot-well lens and see if it just popped out from its' mount. I could fell the connector above the light, but I think it has tabs that have to be spread or pinched to remove the plug. Probably one of the easiest tasks I have attempted on the Vette, I may have to wait until the hip heals and I can get up under the dash and see what I'm doing. Shouldn't be more than a 10 min. job/side, but working by feel is no easy task. Thanks for any guidance.

Where are you located? Maybe someone nearby can lend a hand.

Got the lights hooked up

I'm on the N. Carolina/Va. border. After fooling with the the lights and working blind, I inserted a screwdriver under the lens and popped it out. Once I did that, no problem connecting the LED lights. I did not have to removed the plastic tray/cover under the dash. Passenger side just a little more difficult due to the light being closer to the firewall. If I had been able to lay on my back with my head under the dash and see what I was doing, would have been no problem at all. If I ever have to get under there again, it won't be right after a hip replacement!!!

Thanks for the response.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom