Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For '05 and '06 owners

Byron since U live in the Dallas area why don't U take ur vette by LG Motorsports, their in Wylie Tx. and find out what is causing the problem...

Lucy64 said:
I bought my 05 a couple of months ago used and have put about 2k miles on it with no problems. I have not had mine long, and I have heard of problems that other owners have had, but mine has been trouble free. I have the automatic and have heard all of the stories of problems with discharged batteries in the manual cars. My local Vette mechanic swears that is because they were not left in reverse at shutdown and says there is no problem with that in the car. But he works for a dealer, so that has to be considered. I love the car and I am very glad I got it, but time will tell.

My wife and I both have 2006 with manual trannies and we don't leave them in reverse--no problems so far, batteries or otherwise. Terri had a 2001 Coupe in Magnetic Red II and now she has the 2006 Coupe in Monterey Red. She likes the new car WAY better than the old one.
Gersh

Byron said:
Thanks for the head's up. I was mistaken.

I have been in touch with the Corvette customer care group. They are the one's that have not responded after the initial round.

Byron

Byron--
Corvette does not take care of its customers (in my limited experience). And the dealers are not Corvette savvy in my town, so they are pretty much worthless. You need to find a good dealer; someplace with lots of Vette customers, and they will get it right or deal with the factory if needed. I don't know any way an owner can get the attention of the factory directly, unless he happens to be Jay Leno or somebody...
Gersh

Gary42 said:
I know most luxury cars are like this now, but even the Mercedes and BMWs of the world are having software promblems as all of this control becomes more and more complex. G
DSC06565M_2.jpg

I know most luxury cars are like this now, but even the Mercedes and BMWs of the world are having software promblems as all of this control becomes more and more complex.

That is because in recent years the top dollar Euro cars, especially Benz and Beemer, have seen a significant decline in reliability and quality. This is easily seen in Consumers reliability and J D Power Quality surveys by thousands of owners. The world is changing. Surprisingly, the quality of some US makes is improving and the C6 is one example.

Re your dislike of the CAGS, you can easily defeat that with a $20 kit that is very easy to install.

:)

I had a Silver 2005 Coupe with the Z51 option and loved it, no problems at all.

Now have a 2006 V-City Yellow Z06 and love it even more! Again, no problems,

If you can afford a C6....DO IT! :lou

Great Car

I ordered my LeMans Blue C6 on May of 05 and Picked up on April 14, 2005, since then the only real problems I have had, is the "Service Active Handling", and then took it in for them to upgrade the Nav/Radio system, and then a recall on the Roof.........that's it...........
Great Car....

I too just bought a 2006 LeMans Blue. the only problem I have is a popping noise that I ma getting somewhere in the car. It sounds just like a short in the radio, but I quickly ruled that out by shutting off the radio and noticing that the "pop" is still there.

I would appreciate any assistance with this. its driving me crazy

I have a 14 month old C6, 5800 miles. Z-51, 6 speed.

I would say I have had no significant or troubling problem other than the dreaded dead battery syndrome. The fact that on the fifth battery jump blew out the fuses on the tire pressure sender is a corollary issue, not a free standing problem. I have commented elsewhere on my own discoveries about dead battery.

Everything other than that has been trouble-free; no oil consumption, no brake squeaks, no significant first-gear stickiness, and no solid roof liner delamination. I've had 3 vettes (C4, C5, C6) and my newest is quite solid thus far.

Philzer

Dom said:
I too just bought a 2006 LeMans Blue. the only problem I have is a popping noise that I ma getting somewhere in the car. It sounds just like a short in the radio, but I quickly ruled that out by shutting off the radio and noticing that the "pop" is still there.

I would appreciate any assistance with this. its driving me crazy

Have the roof checked, sounds like it could be delamination.

Poping and Cracking

The 05 and 06 Coupe have a recall on the roof, I checked the VIN on mine and found out supposedly it wasen't included however I contacted GM and they told me ALL 05 and 06's should be checked, so yes I would take it in and let them at least look at it, there is a kit that they install that will fix (they say) the problem, but I would call first and make sure your local dealer has the part before I would take it in.....GOOD LUCK!

I have a 2005 Vette with 25,527 miles as of today...Needless to say 'It is very much a daily driver'
I change the oil when the DIC shows 50% oil life, (I do not pay attention of the mile driven in that period) it varies a lot...During that time it uses one quart of oil religiously...The only problem I had or have is a message of 'service charging system' which my dealer finally found to be a short in the pig-tail harness that goes from the main wiring harness to the right head light assembly...
I have owned many Vettes in my life time and at the present a '62, '71, '05 white and '05 black which is the one I talked about above...
So I have to say Im very pleased with my '05 Black Corvette...

C6 Survey

I ordered my Silver C6 Coupe 2 Dec. 04 and took delivery 12 Jan. 05. I presently have 17,000 miles on the car and I am very peased with the vehicle even though I have had a few problems with the Vette.
If it was not for the outstanding service I have received from my dealer I might feel differently about the number of items that went wrong on a $58,000 vehicle.
So far I have had............

1. Fuel sender card replaced
2. Service traction System ( Replaced Sensor in Steering Column )
3. Check Gas Cap ( Replaced ECM )
4. Rear Axel chatter or shudder on turns ( Replaced Differential Fluid and added Friction Modifyer )

I have now received a letter from GM informing me of a possible PAINTED ROOF ADHESIVE SEPERATION so far I do not appear to show any of the simptoms even though I fall within the VIN numbers

Minkster said:
Have the roof checked, sounds like it could be delamination.

Is that the recall I keep hearing about??

Thats funny, because I have never received a recall notice and from what I have read, this should happen due to very warm weather. Ironically it has only been 30-40 degrees here.

I will certainly have mine check out - Thx for the info

Painted Roof Adhesive Seperation

Painted Roof Adhesive Seperation Bulletin # 05112A dated Feb. 06

CERTAIN 05 & 06 Vettes with painted roof

2005 VIN breakpoint.....55100002 to 55135053

2006 VIN breapoint..... 65100001 to 65100046

The only problem I have with my 2006 C6 Arctic White Convertible is, that it was built on March 8th and I don't pick it up. Until April 11th at the NCM. I am tired of wating.

I got museum delivery of my 2006 Coupe in September. The only problem i have had is with Onstar Remote Diagnostics. The portion that reads the engine,transmission,brakes, ect. does not work. The dealer service tech was told by GM Onstar tech that there was a software problem. I have been in contact with a GM/Onstar tech also and was told that cars with 6.11 software would not work and 6.15 software worked ok. They are supposed to be working on an over the air fix for the problem but so far mine still does not work. My dealer has at least one other car with the same problem.

VIN numbers

Don't pay any attention to the VIN numbers my 05 didn't fall within the VIN's they showed but I contacted GM and was told if you have an 05 or an 06 with the painted regardless of the VIN.....Bring it in and let them fix it......
SilverFox said:
Painted Roof Adhesive Seperation Bulletin # 05112A dated Feb. 06

CERTAIN 05 & 06 Vettes with painted roof

2005 VIN breakpoint.....55100002 to 55135053

2006 VIN breapoint..... 65100001 to 65100046

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom