Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

for real!!!93 Ruby ZR1 for $16k in VA>

*89x2*

Saw this and thought it may be of interest here...

275458076.122613960.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

details on the car are, "1993 ZR-1, ruby red, window sticker, $68,500. both tops, black book, video, etc. paid $49,900 in Dec of 99, 19k mi, aprox 6-8k in damages to front end, only 220 built in '93, $16,000 FIRM, 757-397-4828"

***Disclaimer - I have no interest or ownership in this car - please contact the seller for more info- Thanks***

Thank you! I forgot this was my first post here. Perhaps you can sweet talk your wife out of the porch on Valentines day.

BILL

wm_sorg said:
Thank you! I forgot this was my first post here. Perhaps you can sweet talk your wife out of the porch on Valentines day.

BILL
Bill, welcome to the Corvette Action Center. :)

hey man I sent you a email
hopeing you hae some more info

johnny

Johnny, sorry no adl info - maybe one of the Norfolk Vetters can check this one out for you...
I just found the ad, thought I would pass it along :)
bet it would be a nice car once back on the road :beer

Hey man thats cool ill get someone to take a look at it for me

johnny

I have more pics of that car.. I drove from NH to VA to buy it about 5 months ago.. wasn't exactly as described but wasn't to bad (Was hit harder than I thought it was). I passed and left with nothing.. He was asking 25K (When I first called on it..) and he finaly said his lowest was 16.5K.

Owner (Willie) hit a tree in his own yard.. car was uninsured..

Needs windshield, front frame rails etc..
The interior is fairly clean (Not perfect as told to me), rear quarter has been painted /worked before,
Doors cracked/spidered in front from hood hitting them, wiring harnned was crushed in accident and melted some, rear bumper has a crack near the plate, also has a corsa exhaust.

The part that made me nervous, is the motor had a dieseling noise (not just on start up) and stumbled bad when reved up..
(Lights in dash flickeded too.. to RPM and sometimes right out..)

The motor made me nervous.. so I passed..

Car will need tires too... rears are bald "smoked off.."

I always wanted a 40th.. but my $20K 1990 that I picked up a few weeks later is a much cleaner car and needed no work.. I didn't want to take a chance on a bad LT5..

Sounds like you mage a good decision, Bans. The estimate stated above (I think it was $6 - $8k) to repair sounds very conservative in relation to the damage you describe. Sounds like it needs a complete paint job, as well, which alone could run a couple of grand for a good job. I would have passed, too.

bans25 said:
I have more pics of that car.. I drove from NH to VA to buy it about 5 months ago.. wasn't exactly as described but wasn't to bad (Was hit harder than I thought it was). I passed and left with nothing.. He was asking 25K (When I first called on it..) and he finaly said his lowest was 16.5K.

Owner (Willie) hit a tree in his own yard.. car was uninsured..

Needs windshield, front frame rails etc..
The interior is fairly clean (Not perfect as told to me), rear quarter has been painted /worked before,
Doors cracked/spidered in front from hood hitting them, wiring harnned was crushed in accident and melted some, rear bumper has a crack near the plate, also has a corsa exhaust.

The part that made me nervous, is the motor had a dieseling noise (not just on start up) and stumbled bad when reved up..
(Lights in dash flickeded too.. to RPM and sometimes right out..)

The motor made me nervous.. so I passed..

Car will need tires too... rears are bald "smoked off.."

I always wanted a 40th.. but my $20K 1990 that I picked up a few weeks later is a much cleaner car.. I didn't want to take a chance on a bad LT5..

Interesting....how the heck do you hit a tree in your own yard and cause that much damage??? :eek

bans25:
I was interested in the car and I have talked to the owner several times, but he didn't describe the damage the way you did... ( Kinda raises a few flags)

Is there any way you could email the pics to me?

Thanx!

:beer

baddmann said:
bans25:
I was interested in the car and I have talked to the owner several times, but he didn't describe the damage the way you did... ( Kinda raises a few flags)

Is there any way you could email the pics to me?

Thanx!

:beer

Sure, I have them on my work machine... I should be in there later this afternoon..

The car is not bad, just not as perfect as described..

Like I said, the part that really made me nervous was the motor,
who knows.. maybe its fine (Just sounded to loud to me.. )and I could feel the slight knocking when I put my had on the throttle body.... and maybe the cut front wiring harness is causing problems? Also I don't even recall (Now that I am more familuar wiith the LT5) if the vacum pump was still there...

I do not want to make the car sound bad.. the seller just (and me might believe it) told me the car was perfect in every way other than the nose.. being a 18K mile car I was excited.. drove down there and it was not perfect..

Hey,
I am going to look at that car at 1:00 PM today for JP.

I'll take some good pictures for JP and we'll see what is going to happen. I know this car has been around here for awhile. Maybe the seller will be motivated to sell it by now.

See ya,
Ed

Did I hear this Right, the owner hit a tree in his yard,My god what was he doing, going 50mph into the driveway,lol,Geez,also not to smart not having Insurance, even if its just sitting in the garage,Live and Learn I guess.

After reading user bans25's description, it sounds to me like the seller might be dishonest and that the car has been abused. An honest seller might consider selling it as a parts car. If I were looking into buying it, kidding aside, I would talk with several of the seller's neighbors, as evidence—for example, the tree episode—might suggest that the seller had loads of fun with the car close to home.

I would think the car would be decent fixed up, but I would make sure you check it out real well.. and know what you may be getting into.. the motor made me nervous..
The motor may not be a big deal, tune up? wires fixed?

if the motor sounded good when I was down there.. I would have towed her home..

I think the owner believes what he said.. I do not think he was intentionally dishonest.. some people just think there car is nicer than it is..

I am sure it was a real nice car when he bought it.. and could be with some work.

FordNoMore! said:
Did I hear this Right, the owner hit a tree in his yard,My god what was he doing, going 50mph into the driveway,lol,Geez,also not to smart not having Insurance, even if its just sitting in the garage,Live and Learn I guess.

Bill (Bans25) didn't mention this but he thinks that the owner might be drinking, so that may explain some of his behavoir.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom