Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

for sale offers

C

CSCARLSON

I TOOK MY VETTE UP FOR A REFUEL AND OF COURSE IT WAS BEING EYED BY PEOPLE, HAD A YOUNG COUPLE ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT WAHT WAS THE BEST YEARS, i DIDN'T WANT TO GET CAUGHT UP IN THE CONTROVERSY LIKE SOMEPEOPLE DID ON THE CACC THREAD SO I ANSWERED ITS PERSONAL PREFERENCE AND THEN WAS ASKED WHAT MINE WAS SO.... I ANSWERED IT WAS 1974-1982 YEARS AND GAVE THESE YOUNG FOLKS SOME EDUCATION ON VETTES, I TOLD THEM OF THE TRADITION OF THE "WAVE" AND TOLD THEM WHAT YEAR VETTE YOUWANT DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT... OLDER VETTES FOR LOOKS AND SPEED WHERE NEWER VETTES FOR SPEED , COMFORT AND LOOKS, WHATEVER YOUR PREFERENCE. I WAS THEN THANKED AND WENT ON MY WAY. I THEN STOPPED BY THE STORE TO GET SOMETHING AND A YOUNG KID ABOUT 18 OR 19 WANTED TO KNOW WHAT A VETTE LIKE MY WAS WORTH AND I TOLD HIM THE VALUE AND HE REPLIED"REALLY" AND ASKED IF I WANTED TO SELL AND I SAID SURE , HIS EYES BULGED AND I SAID THAT'S THE CASH PRICE TODAY... SO I WENT INTO THE STORE AND WHEN I CAME OUT HE ASKED FOR MY PHONE # AND I LEFT...NOW THIS KID COULDN'T AFFORD EVEN THE INSURANCE... HE WAS DRIVING A OLD 80 SOMETHING TOYOTA THAT WAS PRETTY MUCH HELD TOGETHER BY RUST... IT IS A GREAT FEELING OF JUST DREAMING OF OWNING A CAR LIKE THAT I THINK.

Glad to see another 80

It seems that we (80s) are far and few on this site. I just bought mine, and as you can guess it's silver. I haven't actually seen it yet, I'm currenltly woring out of the country, but I can't wait, I should be back in the states in dec so it'll be like a great X-mas for me anyway. Thinking of getting a creat engine and getting a little more HP out of her.

Hey if anyone runs across a 79 L82 yellow w/black int low miles or it was when I sold it, take the passenger seat out and look under the seat, It could have been mine. I have ALL of the paper work for this vette.
cYa
tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom