Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

For Tyla

Status
Not open for further replies.

69MyWay

Corvette
1969 Killer Shark
I figured Tyla would like to see these pics.

I had trouble formatting from the original size, so I hope they come out okay.

There is a great story behind this car. I guess it is one of five that Ecklers hand built. The original owner died. His widow gave it away to the next door neighbor. It has been sitting for about 15 years.

Makes me want to cry. Sometimes too much is TOO MUCH.

........... Nut

I thought it looked killer!

Like a very modern C3. I could do without that huge rear spoiler...but it does go with the rest of the vette.
Overall, I like the effect!
Silver

I am sorry ( I am setting myself up for a few flames)

THAT THING IS UGLY!!!!

Yeah to much is just to much!

Frank

Some people like customs, some people don't. I think this car needs some 18-20" rims, borla exhaust tips, and some other kind of headlights. I think it also needs some gills or slits cut in the side flares.

I would have to say that Tyla is our resident custom expert. I am hoping Tyla knows the history of this car. One of my coworkers stumbled upon it in the St. Augustine area this last week. She,...yes I said She, could not wait to share the photos with me. She is a Vette Freak, but will only settle for a midyear, or a brand new one.

C'mon Tyla, where are you? I want to know what you know about this car.

sscam69 said:
I am sorry ( I am setting myself up for a few flames)

THAT THING IS UGLY!!!!

Yeah to much is just to much!

Frank

I agree.

Barb :w

Hey don't get me wrong I like custom vettes. I am have got a few ideas in my head BBUUTT.......

Frank

Hmmmm....very nice, but I'd think they could do something different to that rear end.

Bobby

Yeah, I kinda agree. Thinking about custom headlights, reminds me about the original idea that was on the prototype Sharks floating around GM. They were going to be rotating, maybe something like 180 degrees. The pics I have are small, but I remember the fixture being quite large. Anyone know what I'm talking about or if anyone has tried it?

--Bullitt

Thanks T, I knew you might recognize it.

I was told through the grapevine that since this vehicle just sort of fell into the neighbors hands as a result of the widow giving it away, that the current owner has some big plans.

I don't care if you guys like it or hate it, the other rumor I heard is it is getting ready to have a full spread in a popular Vette magazine. The body shop in these photos is doing some minor touch up work to get it "perfect" and it will soon be having a full spread.

It was just appraised for a tad over $50,000. Most of that had to do with the fact it was fully constructed by Ecklers back in the day. It has like no miles on otherwise looks brand new. Sort of like a Callaway, in terms of being tuned in house right out of the factory.

My co-worker that spotted it told me that the body panels feel solid. Nothing on the car feels cheap, loose, or kit car like. She said it looks and feels like it can and is doing 250 mph sitting still.

Well, you saw it here first....or again...as it will soon be on a magazine rack in the near future.

And it's Yellow too!

So it just has to be a winner! :_rock

Tyla said:
I really hate to see this turn into a "that car is butt fugly post"
I really don't like any negative comments about anyones vette, so it's not your thing fine don't own one, but why bother making the forum feel all negative?

Sorry, but I think it's ugly. I love all Vette's and I don't mind modifying but if you're going to go to this extreme, why bother starting with a "real" car, just start from scratch??

Tyla said:
In fact I left forum "X" for that very reason and I was told it's not allowed here.

We are not flaming anyone, we are just saying what our reaction is to the pictures we saw. I personally would not want to own that, even if it is worth $50k.

Tyla said:
I have said before and will repeat here, this hobby would get boring as all hell to me if everyone drove a 100% #'s matching what ever..

I agree and I like to see what other people have done to make their Vettes their own, but I think this one is a little too much... :(

Barb :w

Tyla said:
That last reply to me was completely pointless,
Why not just let it go? shows what kind of person you really are.

The forum is all yours!

Well....ya know something....both replies are pointless to me because somebody deleted the response that Barb was replying to.

I don't see anything in Barb's reply that was out of line. She stated her opinion about her distaste for a particular Corvette. There's nothing wrong with that. I find a lot of modified/personalized Corvettes to look butt-ugly, but hey....whatever makes your boat float.

There are sects within the Corvette hobby that will forever swear by the matching numbers, perfectly restored examples of the marque and there are others that prefer to modify their Corvettes until they look like something that came off of the surface of Mars.

Regardless of what someone chooses to do with their Corvette....it's their Corvette to do what they want to it regardless of what you or I think about it.

We're all adults here so let's all realize we have our own opinions on what we like to see on a Corvette and move on from here.

Actually......Tyla, you've been removed from the Forums as per your request. I don't have the time or the patience to play mediator here if everyone can't act mature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom