Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Found a C8 I didn't know existed

Brangeta

Found this on another forum, apparently it is located in Chesterfield, MI near
blue dog party store at 21 and gratiot
where ever that is.

S5030112.jpg

This car is having SERIOUS body panel fit issues. Looks like it may all be due to the hood.

S5030113.jpg

The photographer said,
it has 1085 on the clock looked like all fresh panels, paint was terrible, and the interior was ****ed for the miles it has..
and
it is pretty sad but what are you gunna do. even the under chassis is rusted up.

S5030115.jpg

It appears to me that is isn't painted. It has a vinyl wrap on it. That is why it appears that the rear end is carbon fiber, when it is not.

S5030116.jpg

Even though it isn't in good shape, it's nice to see a blue one. I only have one very small pic of a blue one in the Middle East and now these.

S5030117.jpg

I don't know.

The people on the message board I found this on, were commenting that it was parked out front of different places like an advertisement.

I just realized I forgot to post the interior picture. The interior has the stock (optional) leather seats for a Camaro Z28, they aren't the Callaway type.
S5030119.jpg

You ain't kiddin'. Michigan has the BEST Camaro gatherings and shows of any state. And it seems like there have been at least 3 C8s in that area.

It's a real shame it's a completely unappealing place to live from my viewpoint. I mean... it gets this strange white stuff in the winter. Who would want that? :chuckle

Hey Brandon,

I think this is the same car that was silver with the Coors Light sponsor on it. I also think this car is actually not painted blue, but covered with an entire blue decal like busses and most NHRA cars today. If you look around the vent openings, you can still see the silver paint. Also on the tail shot, you can see the surfacing of the decal. I heard this car was a stock engine car with an AeroBody. I could be wrong on this.

Regards,

Anthony

You might be right. Both are in Michigan, but it's hard to say. I only have one shot of the Coors one, and no further info.
IMG_0192.jpg

The interior of the blue one has a SNAT emblem on the center console, so it seems to me like it likely has one.

If it's the same car, it sucks to say it, but it looked better in silver than blue. That shade of blue isn't good for it. And it's a shame the hood isn't fitted properly. It looks like it needs new plastic hood stops.

Found some more pics. I had to photoshop them to brighten them up.

They're high res and show a lot of the car's flaws sadly. It's obvious this car hasn't been garaged in quite some time. It's looking its age. :cry

P6070309.jpg

P6070311.jpg

P6070313.jpg

P6070315.jpg

Brandon, look at the funny antenna thing on the silver car. It is the same car. It lookes kind of whipped. I saw this car once when it was silver, and the interior was looking very tired. It also was corooded underneath from the Michigan salt. I tried to buy it, but had no luck.

Anthony

I think it is mildly funny/coincidental that this blue car is located in Chesterfield, MI, and the teal C8 was located in Chesterfield, SC. I need to find a Chesterfield, TX. :chuckle

Good eye Anthony, I didn't notice that the antennas were the same.

Oh, by the way, the nose was pieced together after a light front hit. That is why the fit is so poor.

Anthony

Do you know that for a fact? :confused

If you're basing it on the discolored lines along the front bumper, I believe those are the edges of overlapping vinyl. The rear has one down the middle that looks like slime pouring out of the lock.

I think it is mildly funny/coincidental that this blue car is located in Chesterfield, MI, and the teal C8 was located in Chesterfield, SC. I need to find a Chesterfield, TX. :chuckle

LOL, I think if we find one anywhere for you, you should jump on it! Let me know when you are finally ready and I will help you any way I can.

Anthony

Do you know that for a fact? :confused

If you're basing it on the discolored lines along the front bumper, I believe those are the edges of overlapping vinyl. The rear has one down the middle that looks like slime pouring out of the lock.

I am basing that on what somebody told me. Look at the grille, it is still bent, and the C8 badge is now missing. Also, the headlight support is all crooked. But in the scheme of front end hits, it is light compared to my latest!

If I can find that freakin' one in Tennessee I would PROBABLY be jumping on it. You might recall the owner was an older man who doesn't use a computer. The neighbor of the owner selling it had foreclosure on their house and now lives in Arizona, and to put it simply, won't answer my emails. :mad

I am basing that on what somebody told me. Look at the grille, it is still bent, and the C8 badge is now missing. Also, the headlight support is all crooked. But in the scheme of front end hits, it is light compared to my latest!
Yeah, the grill is a disaster, but I don't think the front bumper was pieced back together... I don't think at least. It may have been involved with a parking accident. That is what I would bet--there's a curb laughing right now.

Yeah, the grill is a disaster, but I don't think the front bumper was pieced back together... I don't think at least. It may have been involved with a parking accident. That is what I would bet--there's a curb laughing right now.

Look closer to the left side of the nose. The bumper is backed off of the fender, and the new nose has no C8 badge. Also, the headlights are crooked to the car, not just the nose. It looks like the plastic headlight support got cracked up. I think I still have the guys number. I can call him and find out for sure if you like.

Anthony

Look closer to the left side of the nose. The bumper is backed off of the fender, and the new nose has no C8 badge. Also, the headlights are crooked to the car, not just the nose. It looks like the plastic headlight support got cracked up. I think I still have the guys number. I can call him and find out for sure if you like.

Anthony
Let me know his name and #. I'll call tomorrow if it's the right person. All I know is the ebay screen name. "Uhhhh, hi, yeah, are you ate2596? Uh huh... so why won't you answer my f'in emails? It's been about 8 months $%@$%^" :L

Let me know his name and #. I'll call tomorrow if it's the right person. All I know is the ebay screen name. "Uhhhh, hi, yeah, are you ate2596? Uh huh... so why won't you answer my f'in emails? It's been about 8 months $%@$%^" :L

Are you talking about the guy with the black one, or this? I have this cars info, not the black one.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom