Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Found a C8 I didn't know existed

Are you talking about the guy with the black one, or this? I have this cars info, not the black one.
I was talking about the black one, I don't know anything about the blue one, other than it has likely sat outside most of its life. It's hard to compare to this:
07_3.jpg

95_3.jpg

96_3.jpg

b1_3.jpg

c3_3.jpg

It doesn't have a SNAT, but I don't need a SNAT. I just want a weekend cruiser.

It doesn't have a SNAT, but I don't need a SNAT. I just want a weekend cruiser.

BAD BOY :bash

A SNAT equipped car could be used as weekend cruiser too.

you just ment to say that you want to improve looks of the Camaro with a fine designed Aerobody :D

Thumbs :upthumbs Brandon for all your Camaro work.

BAD BOY :bash

A SNAT equipped car could be used as weekend cruiser too.

you just ment to say that you want to improve looks of the Camaro with a fine designed Aerobody :D

Thumbs :upthumbs Brandon for all your Camaro work.
Haha thanks. :L

SNAT would be nice, but considering my age and other factors, I just want a clean car that doesn't need much work. Particularly NO bodywork.

You ain't kiddin'. Michigan has the BEST Camaro gatherings and shows of any state. And it seems like there have been at least 3 C8s in that area.

It's a real shame it's a completely unappealing place to live from my viewpoint. I mean... it gets this strange white stuff in the winter. Who would want that? :chuckle

BRANGETA,
YOU HAVE NEVER HAD THE FUN OF A LARGE PARKING LOT COVERED WITH THE STRANGE WHITE STUFF, TO PLAY IN WITH A CAR OR TRUCK?????
IT'S A LOT OF FUN!!!
I EVEN LIKE TO GO OUT SLIDING AROUND IN BIG BLUE WHEN I GET THE CHANCE!
:blue:

Michigan has the BEST Camaro gatherings and shows of any state. white stuff in the winter.

Brandon, c'mon out to the Camaro Nationals in Carlisle, June 20 -22.

I'll be there in spirit. Take some pics of some of the cooler Camaros for me. :upthumbs

Hey Anthony, check out what I stumbled upon! Pics from 2003. Does it look familiar?
G7059.jpg

G7060.jpg
G7061.jpg

G7062.jpg

G7063.jpg

Those are perhaps the BEST exhaust tips I have ever seen on a C8. What are those? :confused:confused:confused I really want to know if you have any idea.

Wow, those are some great shots of it. It kind of looks like this right now:

Do you know what the exhaust tips are? They're too square to be GMMG ones.

You might be right. Both are in Michigan, but it's hard to say. I only have one shot of the Coors one, and no further info.

The interior of the blue one has a SNAT emblem on the center console, so it seems to me like it likely has one.

If it's the same car, it sucks to say it, but it looked better in silver than blue. That shade of blue isn't good for it. And it's a shame the hood isn't fitted properly. It looks like it needs new plastic hood stops.

Brandon, I had lunch today with the gentleman who owns the car. He is willing to sell. It is a real deal SNAT 400 car :cool

We should talk.

But only if you are serious about buying a car. I am extremely busy this week, so think about it and let me know. :cool

I don't want a project right now, so I'll pass. The job market is terrible right now--I'm down to one client I am actively doing work for, so while I have the TIME, I don't have the MONEY. ;squint:

You know what most of my money is tied up in right now anyway. At least... it WAS my money, but now it is in somebody else's pocket. I can't wait for this to be overwith!!!!!!!! :ugh

Thank you for letting me know though. :upthumbs

You know, it's funny how all these C8s keep becoming available when I'm not available. Actually... wait... that's not funny at all. ;squint:

*sigh* :eyerole

Unless it's a deal I'd be stupid to refuse, I don't have much interest in buying a C8 that needs work to be perfect. I've been told this car is rusty on the underside, has an interior that looks very bad for its age, and that it has been sitting outside for years in the sun and likely snow.

I'd prefer to get one that hasn't been sitting outside as a mobile banner ad to get people in a store (which is apparently the main purpose of this car). I don't mean to sound rude, but it's my completely honest answer. I want one that isn't going to rust away on me if I keep it 40 years, and I'm pretty sure this blue one isn't the right choice...
no.gif

Brandon, please do not take this the wrong way when I say, you should consider buying a C8 as a used car vs. a show car.

There is a big difference, especially since the newest C8 would be 7 yrs old now and most being 12 years old, or more...

When I was looking for a Buick Grand National, I knew I wanted an 87. Many were tired horses and ragged out. The pristine ones were ~ 20-25k in price and the junk was 5-7k. I paid 8.5k and was happy however, it had a few paint issues, some previous scratches, checking, etc.

Mechanically, the car was fine - although the turbo went out at 64k mi. Dealer records from Buick showed warranty work for the turbo at 44k and 20, respectively.

I had to adjust the t tops (myself) when they leaked in water and there was a fan relay that I traced, and later a ballast. No biggie, I bought the car at a fair price and expected to put some sweat equity into the car...

When I sold the car, I got 7,900 for it, with 20k mi added. Not bad I figured...

So if you could get a C8 - a REAL C8, not a body package car and get it for a fair price, would you??? ;shrug

With the cars few and far between, I thought I would offer this perspective :beer

You make good points, but since I'm in no hurry to get one, I really don't need to jump on the first one available. Plenty of time. I have many years ahead to get one. Might be best to wait until after my insurance goes down when I'm 25 anyway, though it's hard to wait. :cool

I'm not particularly attracted to this blue one, because I'm turned off on the idea of buying one that has been in so many of the elements. This probably wouldn't bother many people, but it bothers me.

I may be replacing my daily driver later this year, or early next year, so depending on what I get, I may delay the C8 even further. The new Camaro comes out next spring, and might be worth putting my name on the waiting list for. :thumb

Yes, I know that. :)

The things I have heard about that car may have been blown out of proportion (I don't know), but I can say with some certainty that it hasn't been garaged in some time. I've been told that it's used as a billboard practically to drive traffic into the store it is parked at.

I don't want to spread unconfirmed rumors about it without knowing for sure.

Geez! They're really coming out of the woodwork now! It's about time!

You might recall I originally came to this message board looking for high res C8 pictures, and honestly, I never got any until I received pics of the wrecked teal C8, and then the other day when I found these of the blue vinyl covered one. But check these out! These are pics of the one that was for sale on Corvette Total several months ago! :D:D:D

DSC07449%20%28Custom%29.JPG

DSC07450%20%28Custom%29.JPG

DSC07455%20%28Custom%29.JPG

This one is based on a '97 Camaro based on the tail lamps and dash. :upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom