Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Found! Protect-O-Plate

Jack

Corvette
71 War Bonnet Yellow VERT 71 BH Blue CPE (SOLD)
Nearly two years since purchasing my 71 roadster, the PO emailed & asked if I remembered him & said he'd found the owners manual and asked if I'd like to have it. Of course I replied; adding I still enjoyed the car & was taking good care of his baby.

I didn't pay a lot for the car, nor did I steal it. The PO had owned it for about 15 years and honestly described the car, I had a shop inspect, then I personally inspected, I'd done my homework and bought it below market; I could've flipped it immediately for at least 115%-120% of my total cost to acquire it from some 900 miles away ... probably more today. And it's been a great matching car ... & was NOT an ebay find.

Well ... the mail arrives today ... there's a package from PO ... inside are many papers ... including original signed-off new vehicle inspection procedure (form GSD99 Rev 2-71) ... and Warranty ... and ... and its Protect-O-Plate!

Sold at Cowell & Sons Chevy of Chester IL to Pat Dennis of Chester ... and get this ... SOLD ON MY BIRTHDATE (of course not same year)! Apparently Cowell is defunct ... dunno 'bout Dennis.

My hat's off to PO ... honestly sold car ... then when he uncovers docs 2 years later ... takes the time & expense to mail them to me ... thank you Sir!
Jack:gap

Good for you, Jack.
:upthumbs

Hi Jack. See.....there are still some good folks out there dispite what you see on the evening news. Nice story.

Bill

That is awesome...sounds like a great PO...

Protect-O-Plates and birth certificates....they both stay in the safe........

What a find, Jack!

Having the car in excellent condition and perhaps close for an official NCRS blessing is one thing, but to have added documentation is yet another level. Congratulations!:upthumbs

GerryLP:cool

Very nice.. Just the type of person that is a good indicator of the Vette community. :upthumbs

-Stefan

Awesome, Jack. You've got quite a gem there.

What a find, Jack!

Having the car in excellent condition and perhaps close for an official NCRS blessing is one thing, but to have added documentation is yet another level. Congratulations!:upthumbs

GerryLP:cool
No ... nice car but not anywhere near ready for primetime. Don't have a plan to pursue that at this time; maybe later.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom