Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Found Stolen 58/59 Vette. Is it Yours??

Yep...its mine...lost it Feb.14th...bout time they found it. Have them send it shipping charges COD.

So what year is it can some one tell from the what we can see of the car.

I have some ideas.

Ebay sale with a bad check and they only wanted the engine and trans and some take off parts. The seller may find out soon

Stolen from a restoration shop that may be on vacation and dont know yet

Owner of the car has it stored away and has not gone to visit it.

If anybody know anybody who stores a car simular to this i would encourage you to have that person check his storage garage.

I have always said the corvette crowd is a strange crowd. ( A great crowd but a strange crowd )Some poor owner I am sure is missing his car and we have to pool our resources to put them back together.

Does this sound like a car that some one has seen at a recent auction that may have been stolen off of a shipping truck.

Think of any one you may know

Looks like some one got some spray paint out and was a do-en some painten.

Viet Nam Vett said:
Looks like some one got some spray paint out and was a do-en some painten.

I was thinking someone was coloring in the missing hood and blacked out the wheels in the photo with 'paint' or photoshop for some reason.

I think this may be the police masking what they feel are the disdiquizing features of the car, I am sure every body and there brother may have allready called them to say its there lost car,I would think it may have a custom hood or a 58 hood an it and thats why its masked.What do you think about the tires do they look aftermarket

They look like redials from the tread pattern.

I would say it is a '60 (based on the seat pattern) assuming the car has the "correct" interior. But in contrast, it has red seats while showing a black instrument cluster, so it is already "incorrect".

Rich

Yes the photo has been photo shopped. They did this so only the real owner could identify the car by certain mods/characteristics. According to a friend of mine at the Brevard County sheriff, they've been swamped with phone calls about this car.

Have they (Brevard County sheriff?) checked the vin? :eyerole

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom