Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

frame weld pics???

K

kdlp

I know many of you have welded up your frames and trailing arms to stiffen up your handling and feel. Any chance you have any photos of the finished work.

I've got the body off and will have it cleaned up to weld. The guy who is doing the work has the "picture is worth a thousand words" philosophy, so I thought I'd see if there are any out there.

Thanks,

kdlp

I can't get pics because everything is assembled, but my cradle broke/tore on the passenger side starting at the rear side of the lower control arm bracket. I pulled the motor/trans. for some upgrades and took the chasis to a shop that builds dragsters and customs. They basically put continous welds on all seams from the firewall forward. They welded the control arm brackets, the pan on the underside of the cradle, and the crack.

They said the pan under the cradle had broken several tack welds allowing it to flex and eventually break.

It's a whole new driving experience now!

Blue82 said:
I can't get pics because everything is assembled, but my cradle broke/tore on the passenger side starting at the rear side of the lower control arm bracket. I pulled the motor/trans. for some upgrades and took the chasis to a shop that builds dragsters and customs. They basically put continous welds on all seams from the firewall forward. They welded the control arm brackets, the pan on the underside of the cradle, and the crack.

They said the pan under the cradle had broken several tack welds allowing it to flex and eventually break.

It's a whole new driving experience now!
That's what worries me... if you put in Poly bushings (less forgiving) and push the hp to 400, what happens to 20 to 30 year old spot welds? Glad you caught yours before something REALLY ugly happened!!!

kdlp

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom