Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Franklin Mint ansd Danbury Mint

• Thread starter Thread starter Oldgeezer
  • Start date Start date
O

Oldgeezer

Franklin Mint and Danbury Mint

I got a Danbury Mint '68 Corvette Convertible for a Christmas present. I have quit a few Franklin Mint Corvettes. I started to compare the quality of the two companies. I think Danbury Mint beats the h out of Franklin Mint. I don't have them close by but I think the scales are different and the Danbury models are more expensive. Too bad they are both made in the Peoples Republic of China. Taiwan I could handle.:w :pat

I get alot of mail from this site......is it a good idea to order the cars they have available????
Please let me know your feelings....
thanks
tony

I have a lot of FM die-cast Vettes and the '68 from DM.. The DM has more detail and working parts than the FM's. Overall, I like them both but wish they would make more C3's... like the '73-'77 models. I hope they will be worth something a few years from now..

Sorry Tony. I just went back to this site after about 3 months. I would recommend the Danbury Mint cars before the Franklin Mint cars. The DM are much better made. True they are more expensive but I think they are worth it.:w :pat

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom