Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

40th Anniversary Friend bought a 1993 in Green insists its a 40th Anniversary

1993 40th Anniversary Corvette Topic

nine11c2

So my buddy bought a Green 1993 vette. He's convinced its a 40th Anniversary special edition. My knowledgeable buds and research tell me that all 1993's had the 40 Anniversary seats, and some people put the badges on the fenders (his has them) but a 1993 in any other color than the Ruby Red is a 40th Anniversary year 'vette, but not a Special Edition. Correct?

BTW, I apologize if this was discussed before, I searched and didn't find.

Also sorry not a Corvette owner yet - still gettin those Alimony checks out..

1st Welcome to CAC!!!!
2nd If it had leather seats it had '40th' anniversary embroidered in the head rest area.
but it is not the 40th appearance package for the anniversary editions(9RPOZ25)was the code for it.

Welcome to the CAC!

Bill is absolutely correct!

Truth be told, there are many owners of 93s who think they have a 40th Anniversary Edition.

So, your friend actually has a lot of company!

:w

Many people call their '93 Corvette a 40th Anniversary. It's confusing to many novice Corvette owners because essentially all 1993 models were made in the 40th year of Corvette production. To further the confusion is the fact that all 1993 Corvettes have the 40th Anniversary embroidered on the seats. However, the ONLY 40th Anniversary Edition is the Ruby Red. A similar situation exists with the 1996 Grand Sport. All 1996 models that had the LT4 option (6-speed manual transmission) showed GRAND SPORT under the hood. To many, that indicates that they have the desirable '96 Grand Sport. Not true in either the '93 or the '96.

Elaine

At least the folks who have a '96 with the LT4 engine, actually have the "Grand Sport" engine.

In my world, a little better than a couple of emblems!

It's all good!

:w

People with 2003 Vettes do the same thing - many say they have a 50th anniversary edition Vette. Well, they have a 50th anniversary Vette, but, if it ain't Anniversary Red with the beige interior, MagRide and with the 1SC RPO it ain't the "Anniversary Edition" - it's just a 50th anniversary car.

A green 1993 is a 40th anniversary Vette but it ain't a 40th Z25 40th Anniversary Package. Happens all the time.

This is the 40th Anniversary package:

Non stock wheels by Fikse, exhaust tips by BnB.

Perry

Every 1993 is a 40th anniversary as far as I'm concerned . they were all built in the 40th year so how could they not be 40th anniversary . my car ( as all 1993's with leather ) says 40th anniversary right on the headrests . So am I to say to anyone that's asks the GM made a mistake by putting that there ?? :)

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Every 1993 is a 40th anniversary as far as I'm concerned . they were all built in the 40th year so how could they not be 40th anniversary . my car ( as all 1993's with leather ) says 40th anniversary right on the headrests . So am I to say to anyone that's asks the GM made a mistake by putting that there ?? :)

If you read the original post, it states his friend thinks it's a 40th Anniversary "Special Edition" which it isn't.

Chuck M

If its not a Ruby Red 93 its not a 40th Anniversary Edition. All 93's are 40th Anniversary cars but only the Z25's (Ruby's) are the ones that got the special paint, interior, etc...setting them apart as a celebration of 40 years of Corvette.

Personally I'm not a fan of the interiors in the so called "Special Edition " other color variants are so much nicer. Just because GM calls it a special edition doesn't mean there is anything special about it . Hence the all white 35th anniversary "Special Edition" that car was hideous !!

40th Anniversary Edition

GM did make a mistake, actually the seat vendor did. They applied "40th Anniversary" seat logos to all '93 Vette seats when

in fact, they were supposed to be just for the ruby cars. Was a drawing mistake or something from what I read.

Fortunately I have the build sheet etc for my 93. My old 78/L82/4spd was beige from the factory. Sometime in the past one of the PO's painted it silver,now its red.The so called 2 tone paint was just a option not necessarily a Aniv model by any means.Urban legend !/lol

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom