Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Front air dam

jak112460

I am going to lower my car about an inch in the front. My question is can I take off an inch on the air dam or apron and be ok? Actually what I plane to do is cut it and raise it.

I will let the "experts" respond, however I have read that this is part of the air flow for the engine to breath. If that is so, I would be mighty cautious prior to altering this!! It is my understanding that it assists in directing air up into the engine compartment.

Yes but if I lower the car by 1" then raising it by 1" to compensate seems like it would be ok. I guess I'll do it and see if there is a problem. I was just hoping someone had already played with theirs and could give me advice.

I am certain that you still need the factory "size" in order to "collect" enough air to be directed to the radiator. It's not the distance from the ground that counts as much as the surface area available to direct the air flow.
Of course I'm not an engineer... so take my opinion for what it's worth... not quite 2 cents after taxes...
But I really do believe you should try the stock size first, if it doesn't work out for you, then trim it down.
You know that old saying about the guy trying to level the table with the leg length... "I cut it three times and it's still too short"
:L :L :L
vettepilot

I think what Iam going to do is buy a new air dam and cut it and install it. If it doesnt work then i will re install the original. I believe that the length isnt as impostant as the piece being there to direct air up to the radiator. We'll see.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom